KX Number Plate on a KDX?

garrettkite

May 26, 2002
I want to put a Black Number plate (without the headlight) on my '01 KDX 220 I've seen threads of people doing it. I am just wondering what modifications you have to do you the new # plate, and how hard it is to do (how much time). Thanks.

garrett

TnKDX'er

May 13, 2001
Well, not sure on the KX plate, but i bought one reasonably cheap from Fredette Racing that just bolted/screwed right up.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
the kx plate i used the top hole in the plate lined up w a bolt on the top clamp and i zip tied the bottom to the fork tubes,easy bout 10 min. if the hole didn't line up i was gonna drill one.i think it's a mid 90's plate

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I did what "gooby" did, but with a green UFO plate for a late model KX. The top hole fit the center hole in top clamp. For the bottom, I cut away the lower fork sections of the plate and drilled 2 holes to match two holes in the clamp. I used spacers behind all 3 to hold the plate away from the fork tubes (see pictures in "My Gallery" below). It wasn't hard but took more time than what "gooby" did.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…