Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
The rear shock on my 93 KX 500 seems to have no compression or rebound dampening. This would seem to indicate to me that the oil is all gone from it. Does anyone know how or know a site I can check out to tell me how to do it??? The Clymer mainenance manual I have says to take it to the dealer or other suspension shop for servicing. I just want to be able to get thru the rest of the year on it and get it professionally serviced over the winter.

P_Taylor

Uhhh...
Jun 17, 2000
The factory service manual for my KX250 goes into detail on the rear shock rebuild. Eric Gorr also has a video that uses a KX shock for the rebuild if I remember right , Race Tech also sells a video that will walk you through a shock rebuild.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Not that i got much help with this, but i'm posting the info for anyone else that may need it.

This is what kind of info i was looking for http://www.motocross.com/motoprof/pdffiles/shock.pdf

It's a complete procedure for KYB and Showa shock servicing. All I want to do it to be able to change the oil and recharge the bladder. I figured out that I had NO nitrogen charge in the shock and that the reason i felt like i had no dampening at all was that the seal head was moving up and down and this was causing my oil leaks too. Now that i have dis-assembled the shock and cleaned everything and replaced that black crap that passed for shock oil, it holds 200 PSI of nitrogen and not even a hint of leaking oil.

Hope this info does some of you others good too.

Top Bottom