KX100 C series or D series - what's the difference

Oct 3, 2000
I'm thinking of moving up from my TTR125L to a KX100. One difference I saw in the specs between the 1999 C model and the 2003 D model was that the '99 has a Keihin PE26 carburetor and the '03 has a Keihin PWK28 carb. I ride mostly trails and need to be able to climb hills. What's the difference in the carb going to do for me.

Any difference between a '99 and a '00. Just wondering if it's worth the money to go with a newer year bike. I have found a '99 and a '00 for sale in my general area. The difference in asking price is about $300. What should things should I look at when evaluating a used bike.

Wendy

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Check the frame for cracks or if its been welded up . There are a lot of little things to check for on any bike but on smaller KXs what comes to my mind is this : stripped drainplugs, broken/cracked R/S clutch cover where the shift shaft cracks the case in a fall, stripped shifter shaft splines. Loose spokes esp rear wheels , low compression . noisey motor piston /crank wear leaky forks etc. The newer carb is larger for an attempt at more peak powwer . And has a crescent shaped slide which can also add low end power . The older99 and newer 02/03 are pretty much alike except for the different carb and fuel tank and shrouds . They are good fun bikes and should be OK if you find one thats been maintained . GOOD LUCK in your search .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…