Malcolm M

May 22, 2003
Stopped to look at an '04 KX100 yesterday for my soon-to-be 14 YO son. He's about 5' 8", but in order to ride HS in the under-16 class he needs to stay under 100cc.

What do some of you who have bigger kids racing these things do to make them fit? The seating position seems kind of cramped - does anyone make a forward & up bar mount system for this? I checked Renthal, none listed. I would expect SDG or someone to make a tall seat foam kit?

Also, I was surprised to find it had a 420 chain - changing over to a 428 require anything special? Will the thicker sprockets interfere at the case or swingarm area?

BTW, the clutch pull was amazing - felt like a hydraulic system. Guess that's good considering how much it'll get used on a 100.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
I'm 5'5" so only 3 inches smaller. But for your soon-to-be son, i would look into a taller seat foam, high bend bars, and some footpegs. You can get some that are lower. That right there should be enough. Right now i am VERY comfortable on mine 5'8" will prolly be a little cramped. but i could see getting 2 or 3 more inches and still being comfortable.

Top Bottom