VISaki

May 25, 2008
I agree with carnage...2 strokes are ment to be riddin hard and the bike loves it..it almost seeks that gas and oil mixture...the 230 is probably a good bike but I garantee you if your dad to the kx100 up a nice hill with good challenging terrrain up and down on both bikes hands down the kx would take his liking...like he said the powerband comes on strong as hell..especially if you have a good set up reeds exhaust and what not....when I climb steep hills on my kx even if I'm on the gas tank basically if she catch's way to much grip the front end will come up with out a doubt try that on the 230 highly doubt it..they made the kx with actually to much power for its size thats why I love it. and really trail riding unless your like 260 pounds your not going to use the full capability of a 250 doing trails..sorry trails is by far the most extreme cause its not a track nothing is the same and its easy to kiss your @ss good by....so really 230 won't keep up in the trails only reason is because to get speed on it you need a quick powerband which it doesn't have you have to be on the gears and build speed...on the track yeah if you ring out gears...fun bike though.if you go into suspension though your talking about a whole different ball game..thats like apples to orange's

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
the 230 is probably a good bike but I garantee you if your dad to the kx100 up a nice hill with good challenging terrrain up and down on both bikes hands down the kx would take his liking

My dad rode the 230 over his 250 and 220.

when I climb steep hills on my kx even if I'm on the gas tank basically if she catch's way to much grip the front end will come up with out a doubt try that on the 230 highly doubt it.

With a good set of tires ANYTHING will "catch". That 230 of ours has skin-tearing torque and could spank a 100 in trails and on flats.

they made the kx with actually to much power for its size thats why I love it. and really trail riding unless your like 260 pounds your not going to use the full capability of a 250 doing trails

Its an 85 motor in a larger frame. It doesn't matter how much you weigh to use the full capabilities of a bike, it is how brave you are to punch it and go. :boss:

so really 230 won't keep up in the trails only reason is because to get speed on it you need a quick powerband which it doesn't have you have to be on the gears and build speed
That 230 shot away from a kdx 220 and yz250 with EXCELLENT riders on them. If you ain't holding on when you hit the throttle that 230 with slide right out from under you.

I've ridden BOTH bikes and you haven't set a foot on the bike your bad mouthing. I love the kx100 and kx85. Those bikes can be great in the trails, but excell on track. The crf is a trail bike. Its does not have the suspension for track. TRAIL BIKE. It is a monster in the trails compared to many bikes.

:blah: :yell: :yell:

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
FLEA .......... What works for some may not work for others. You can only state your opinion. Yes with all the mods made to the 230 it is very quick in tight single track and extremely easy to manover. Alot has to do with the rider and the set up and some have to learn the hard way. Do not state everything as "fact". I understand that within the fours years you've been riding you have gone from a klx110 to a yz250 by the age of 13 but there are many people on that have forgotten more than we know.
On your previous post I recommend you remove the phrase, everyone talking crap, or I will remove you.

Dear ole Dad. :pissed:

VISaki

May 25, 2008
I wasn't bashing the 230 Flea but like I said the suspension department thats a whole nother ball game the KX suspension is great on trails and on the track...Trail riding is one of the most extreme divisions in MX cause no matter what you never go thru a turn or over jumps but once so its kinda hard to learn unless you ride the same trails every weekend..in my opinion therses no way that the 230 will out ride or out power a kx250 or any 250 for that matter..most people don't even use 250's to there full potencial cause fear settles in and takes over. your right any new tire will cause a front end to come up but most people don't swap new tires every time they ride and I'm talkin in general low tread high tread the kx100 is a very powerful bike. Another reson probably is that the 250 takes alot of body power and now how riding to have fun going up a steep hill(as was my example with your dad) the kx100 or even the 230 is gona be a smaller bike more room for error plus alot quicker reaction to steering. Its cool dad don't flip out on him I guess the kids got a good opinion. its just that I've ridden a 230 and theresjust no way it will out perform the bigger 2 strokes maybe the rider but 2 pretty equal guys and its gona show for its self.

Apr 30, 2007
It all boils down to style.

The 230 has versitile power that is steady and predictable. It's not weak by any means, but the power to weight ratio is downright silly in comparison to other bikes...

I stick by the 125 2-stroke suggestion. In his situation, it's a better choice.

Top Bottom