Goblin

Oct 18, 2005
Hi everyone

I have to send a KX85 to a kid overeseas who will race it.

The problem is, he needs a KX85 with big wheels (small wheels wont't do), and that one is no longer sold in the USA.

The natural choice seems to be a KX100, but there is no 100cc class there - he's limited to 85cc, or he has to upgrade to 125cc which is too much for him.

So my questions are:

- Is the KX100 really just an overbored KX85 (I compared the parts on the kawasaki site, so far the swingarm, suspension link, some carburator internals and obviously the top end have different part numbers - everything else is the same) ?

- In this case, can I just put a KX85 piston, cylinder and head, and the matching KX85 carb internals to basically have a big wheeled KX85 ?

- Are there any other parts I'd need to change ?

Thanx :)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Goblin said:
- In this case, can I just put a KX85 piston, cylinder and head, and the matching KX85 carb internals to basically have a big wheeled KX85 ?

- Are there any other parts I'd need to change ?
Sounds about right to me. The power valve is slightly longer on the 85. But you wouldn't necessarily have to change it. If you go 85 to 100 you do.

Goblin

Oct 18, 2005
Thanx :)

I guess I'll change the power valve anyway - any ideas on an aftermarket supplier ?

I tried Boyesen's site, they don't list a valve for the KX85...

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
It's the KIPS exhaust valve that's different. As far as I know that's a factory only part. For reeds, etc. try rockymountainatv.com.

Top Bottom