nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!!! This will be good for all you guys out there who insist on dogging Suzuki and Kawasaki. :silly:

Okay, okay. It was James Bubba Stewart :p on his Pro Circuit prepared KX 125, but he truly spanked some reasonably good pro rider (maybe Sean Palmer??? Don't quote me on that).

I read it last night in either Dirt Rider or Racer X, I don't recall which. Get both of this month's issues if you want to read it yourself. Needless to say, this guy's got some serious talent. Can you say, "the next Carmichael?" :eek:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
CRGuy, I don't remember the details, but I think he may have even come from behind to win it. It was a little "snippet" in the mag, don't know if it's total BS or not. But the way that guy rides, maybe not.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
I see that all the time

I can take 50 % of you here 125 and 250s ...to a kid on an 80 that will spank you worse then your dad wish he could. Maybe 75% or more ...50% was being nice.

:)

May 30, 2001
Ya, A 125 can easily beat a 250.. it's all about rider skill!!

A stock 125 can beat a modded 426 no prob.. it's all about rider skill.

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
i read that in racer x magazine too, stewart is very impressive. his riding skills, not the bike though. i got 80's passing me and my 125 alot, one kid who passed me had to slow down and stop by his dad to get off the bike, and have his dad hold his yz80 while he started it. :( his dad had a very proud smile on his face when he was watching him practice.:)

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Both are pro's on hopped up bike's. That sound's alittle strange to me?
I have been passed by a guy on a RM80 one day. The day my suspension was sucky, my bike was stock And I couldn't ride well

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
When RC was racing the outdoors on 125's he was turning faster lap times and motos than the 250 class. Sounds about the same deal here. Palmer I wouldnt consider a top 250 rider, and the only thing holding Stewart back now is his age.

kawman

Jan 17, 2000
Yea, ive seen stewart ride and boy is he FAST! This was last year at the Kawasaki race of champions, when he was still in the 80 class.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
CRGuy
I will promise you this; there are people on THIS forum thank will spank you badly with them riding a stock XR-100 on your best day, even with your suspension working.

Bubba beating anyone on any bike means nothing about the bike. He'll beat a lot of people, no matter what he's riding.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
On a tight track, both riders being equal, the 125 has the advantage. On a high-speed track the 250 has the advantage. Put a very talented 125 rider on a very tight track with a bunch of 250s' and he'll snuff 'em all.(IMHO)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For some of the nationals and SX races, you can watch the lap times being posted (close to) live on the internet, with each rider's best lap also tracked.

On some outdoor tracks (Budd's Creek, RC lap time about 2:40) RC laps 5 seconds faster than the fastest guy on a 125 (Brown last week), but about 10-15 seconds a lap faster than 20th place 250 cc and 20 seconds faster than the guys at the back of the 250 field. Think you can make a 250 national? If not, RC will beat you by at least 20 seconds a lap (more like 30-40 seconds).

RC and Bubba will still beat you if they are riding 80s and you're on a #4 Kawie. If you are a novice, it would not be close.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Young Bubba is a future hot shoe, pretty dang hot now ! Probly the only thing holding him back now in the nationals is his age.
Palmer is fast for local races, though he hardly can qualify for a main, the main reason he is racing now...................MONEY and Honda see's green-backs advertised on his snow boards.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i remember watching reynard on his 80 in local arenacrosses doing triple jumps that some 250 pros wouldn't try.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
that crguy is funny. there was this guy call johny or o'show, aw forget it your right. bubba needs a lap or two head start :p

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Who thinks Palmer is a pro rider? LOL I admit he is pretty good for being a crossover king, but to compare him to the likes of the guys that do it 24/7 is pretty bad.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
Super rat- were you about to mention Johnny O spanking a certain European 500 rider on a 125?

i remember that. that was awesome. one of the most glorious moments in american mx history.

palmer is a pro, like him or not.

CRBILL

Jul 27, 2001
you may remember way back in the day Ron Lechien beat everyone at the Motocross Des Nations on a 125...rider skill...not the bike..sorry :(

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hucker,
Palmer has qualified for a SX and for the National at Glen Helen...not too many "pretty good" riders can say that :D Just think if he did moto for 24/7....

Top Bottom