JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
this might be two different problems. first whenever i turn on my bike and let it idle it will just die. it does it all the time no matter how long i have been riding it.

also whenever i go to start it will just bog down. i can let the throttle out slow or fast and either way it bogs down for a bit before it starts going. i think it may be a bad spark plug but havent been able to test it.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well your first problem sounds like your idle screw isn't turned far enough in you have a dirty pilot jet. Take the carb and all jets out and clean them very good to make sure nothings blocked. And your second problem, are you talking about when the bikes warmed up and you put it in gear to go ride? Most two strokes get excess oil and fuel build up while idling if they're rich on the pilot and it takes a little while for it to burn up when you start riding.

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
to me the symptoms sound like your running lean. when you hit the gas does it bog and then hit really hard? or does it hesitate with fluctuating rpm's? those result of an airleak or jetted to lean or lean of a mixture. what are you mixing at?

jdc9q8

Mar 9, 2006
you need to get a manual for your bike if your going to be working on it...$35

also search for jetting threads on this forum..rejetting sounds like a good plan..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom