SADude

Jul 8, 2004
Just got my KX250 2006, WOW!!!!!

It really makes great power throughout the power band, it has loads of bottom end torque for any hill climbing and technical section. It delivers the power very smoothly from the bottom until it hits into the power band and even then it doesn't it in a way that won't break traction easily, it feels almost like a 4-stroke until it hits the power band. The bike is stock standard with exhaust guard, skid plate, hand guards and a 14 tooth front sprocket. I was thinking of putting a flywheel weight on it, but I am not sure it needs one, that is why there is a clutch.

The bike is really fast, and incredibly stable, the breaks are super strong and will take a little time getting used to. The suspension is hard but what do you expect from a motocross bike still with its standard setup, it is a bit harsh on the smaller stuff, but soaks up any big hits with ease. I will play around with the compression and rebound and make it a bit softer.

The standard seat it quite comfortable even compared to my KDX200, which I have now sold. The KX has a nice slim feel to it , it feels light yet stable, it is easy to maneuver in tight sections and will turn on a dime. To be honest it makes riding much easier than riding my old KDX200 even with all the mods I had on my KDX.

The best bike I have every ridden, not that I have ridden a lot of bikes. I am sure it will smoke my brother 2003 Gas Gas 300ec.

Anyone else out there have anything to add??

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Yeah - welcome to the world of the 250 motocrosser ! Slight change from your KDX eh !

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
I love reading new bike reports...

It will take a couple hours of actual riding for the suspension to break in. Then change the fork oil, there will be lots of aluminum particles in there. Of coarse change the trany oil often to rinse the newness out of there and have fun.
I wish I was in a position to get a new one and write my own report, I'll simply have to enjoy all your reports until I can hand down my trusty 2 stroke steed to my up and coming son.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
The best change ever 250 MX bikes rock. I have read many reports on how they have too much power for the tight stuff, I think the power helps in the tight stuff. I think it allows you to be a little less active on the bike and rely on the power to get you through technical sections. It is also way better in muddy conditions than my old KDX200, it stays out the power band longer so you can pull through the slippery stuff without wheel spinning.

I just hope 2-stroke's stay around for a while, I just can't see myself wanting to ride a 4- stroke anytime soon.

Top Bottom