KX250 Dragging Clutch HELP! Please... :-)

FXKX250

Mar 29, 2004
OK, I've got a '99 KX250 that I really got taken to the cleaners on, but that part is another story...

Ennyhoos, the clutch drags enough that it will sometimes die at the most inopportune moments.
Running 75w Gear Saver, New CR Perch and Lever, New Cable, new actuating arm and rod, Wiseco Basket, Dirt Digger plates and springs, hub is good. This is driving me nuts! There is also a rattle only when the clutch is engaged. Pull the lever, quiet, let it out, rattle. Using a probe, it sounds like it's coming from the kickstarter gear area. :bang:

TIA,
Dave

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I also have '99 KX250. The clutch is all stock and I do not have the dragging issues, however I do have the same rattle when the lever is out. I went through the clutch several times inspecting and measuring to no avail. I just live with it now. I'm planning on doing the bottom end this winter and will see if the noise isn't deeper in the motor. Until then I just figure it gives it "charactor"

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its the bearing the clutch basket rides on, it has to be a loose fit to get enough oil to the bearing-its very common but KX250s tend to be noisier than most.I would suspect the plates is the dragging problem.

Top Bottom