Spezh

Jun 23, 2007
The kick start on my Kx250 is sitting out facing backwards, rather then in the upright position.

Does this mean the teeth are worn and it has slipped when I've started it?

If I undo the bolt, should the kick start arm pull off and re-seat in the upright position, or do I have to strip to reset?

Thanks in advance for help.

Adam.

Spezh

Jun 23, 2007
The kick start on my Kx250 is sitting out facing backwards, rather then in the upright position.

Does this mean the teeth are worn and it has slipped when I've started it?

If I undo the bolt, should the kick start arm pull off and re-seat in the upright position, or do I have to strip to reset?

Thanks in advance for help.

Adam.

Spezh

Jun 23, 2007
Not sure about that.

I can't physically move it back upwards.

It will move downwards and turn the engine over until the point where it fouls on the footpeg, and springs back up the the point where it is pointing backwards, but won't got back vertical to the point where it tucks away.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
take it off, then check the kickstarter and the cog to see if they are stripped. If they are both fine, put it back to the desired position and tighten well. Keep regularly checking it though or it will well and truely thread both which means headaches.

Spezh

Jun 23, 2007
Thanks.

Have now removed, and teeth on arm are opartially stripped.

Tried putting back on in correct position, but after a couple of pushes by hand started slipping again.

Fortunately teeth on shaft look ok, so may just be a case of replacing arm.

Adam.

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
yah i had the same prob and honestly changing that shaft ang gears is a cheap investment the ****ty thing about it is that you have to pull the clutch off and you definatly need an impact or clutch hub removing tool.

Spezh

Jun 23, 2007
Replacement arrived and on biike.

Started first time, tho needs a hell of a kick to get it going.

No wonder old one stripped!!!

Top Bottom