Lobster

Jan 7, 2002
OK, I’ve been a 4-stroke guy for years now. I just picked up a 95 KX250 for a hellavu bargain. Now, I’m used to tractor like torque from the bottom and KX doesn’t have that! I know I’m not going to mimic a 4-stroke power band, but I’d like to optimize the low to mid range as I plan on racing it in sport motard on a fairly tight track. I also do some trail riding that doesn’t need lots of top end speed. Timing is adjustable, and I think the power valve doohicky is as well. About all I can tell for engine improvements is a No-toil air cleaner and an FMF Fat Boy pipe. The suspension was just rebuilt and re-valved by Pro-Circuit for my weight and riding style, so it’s time to shift focus to the power delivery. Is there any other parts must haves? Which way should I adjust timing and power valve for bottom power? Please speak slowly and make lots of gestures as I am a complete newbie to 2-strokes.

Thanks!!

kx500 kid

Jul 23, 2003
Start with a fly wheel weight and advance the ignition timing turn the stator plate clock wise from the standard mark and try from there

Top Bottom