KX250F midwest arrival dates? Anyone???

bowski

Aug 12, 2003
Does anyone know when the KX250F or its Suzuki sibling will be arriving to the midwest. I live in Chicago and am waiting very impatiently for this bad boy. Especially since Cali already has them. All my dealer can tell me is within 30days. If anyone has a more accurate date i'd appreciate it.

bowski

Aug 12, 2003
Heard a little somethin somethin about bikes being in the wharehouse on the 19th and being at dealers 3 days later. Rumor Central!!!

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
Rumor is from TT, I posted it based on what the dealer told me.. I have asked him a few times before and he said he had no idea...& today he finally says...he checked and got the 19th. I have bought a few bikes from him and I believe he is giving accurate info. We will see shortly...

cojo

Sep 7, 2003
the yamaha got way better reviews, you should check that out. they said it has a lot more power, they said it feels like the kawi is just missing something.

bowski

Aug 12, 2003
where was this review at. Every one saws they feel the Kawi has better low and mid power, plus the handling is way better. Much lighter feel, not actual pounds but a lighter feel.

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
LOL every single test I've read said the kx has more low to mid, just a tad less over rev, and the kx has way better handling etc.

I think cojo rides a yzf! they are all getting nervous now the the yzf isnt the only game in town.

bowski

Aug 12, 2003
Yeah that was what I was thinking too. I mean all have commented on the great low and mid of the KXF. Although they say the mid for the 04 yZf is much improved. But I'm looking for the best low and bottom end because i'm a bigger guy and i don't want to get dusted if i forget to rev it out on a turn. Plus the KXF is cheeper and is already being shipped to places! WIN WIN Baby

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Call DGY - 630-971-2602 as I'm sure they could give you an arrival date.

cojo

Sep 7, 2003
actually i dont own either, lol. I was deciding which one to buy and was reading some reviews, and they were just saying that the yamaha has a lot more motor than the kawasaki does. I didnt say it sucked, you guys get way too offensive. Im sure its a bad ass bike, however the review i read said it didnt feel like the motor was all there. Im not brand biased or anything, hell which ever one i can find in stock first, im gonna get.

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
You keep saying you read this review about the yamaha, where did you read it at cojo? We are not upset, it's just that everything I've read is postive about the kawi.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I have not seen anything on the 2004 YZF yet, they were talking about a comparison to the 2003 models. I don't think the 2004 YZF is out yet, at least not here in the Midwest.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
DGY is a dealer in Downers Grove, IL. They have a team on the Natl circuit so are most likely the ones that would know the scoop. Although, I don't think they are that tuned in on Kawasaki. You could give TUF a call in Dekalb since they have the Kawi arenacross team. They may have a better idea and would probably get one before DGY.

Top Bottom