jr.ink

Mar 29, 2004
I tore my shock down the other day (1st time) I have done my forks several times...but never a shock. Did lots of google hunting on the subjest and forum searching. BUT I have a shock shim stack on the top (compression?) that has TWO crossovers in it! This cant be right is it?

2006 KX450 with PC lower link and revalved by PA. I think Mr. PA put it together wrong??? maybe not...but I have never seen or heard of 2 crossovers in one stack??

Please help. I wann put this thing back together and go ride.

thanks much!!

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
with a revalve you never know what was done. I have not seen what is in kx std but agree with you that 2 crossovers is not common. I would like to know if this shock set up worked particularly well on square edge bumps. When you say 2 crossovers, were they side by side making one thicker shim or at different intervals in the stack. I have had good results by using small diameter thicker cross over shims to get rid of harsh deflecting forks, so maybe you have just discovered someone elses secret formular

jr.ink

Mar 29, 2004
Well. Pesky it is actualy 2 seperate crossovers with very small OD thin shims. I put it back together and took one of the crosovers out and will see how it works if it ever gets warm and stops snowing here in MN. SIghhhhhh.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
It would be a good idea to write down where the second shim was, in case you don't like the results. My guess is it will now be harsher on square edges, but please let me know how the set up behaves

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How come Kaw uses a top shock bolt centerline to the top of the spring measurement for spring preload? I thought everyone used sag and static sag? They do not like Honda sag measurements!

Top Bottom