gowen

Aug 2, 2000
:worship: Well, I did it, I purchased a PVL ignition for my KX500. Wow you should see the weight diffrence in the two flywheels. I got it cause the Penton website says the bike will be explosive :yikes: .. Yes, it is crazy, but I'm having trouble and I seem to be hitting it.

I set the ignition to specs 2.3mm BTDC using a dial indicator. Went to start it and it was having an aweful kick back, never had that before with the stock ignition. So, I decided to retard it .1mm, the kick backs were not as severe, but takes 20 kicks to start and that does not feel good on the foot. I advanced it .1mm and it starts semi OK, but kicks back VERY hard, enough to put a golfball size bruise through my axo rc5 boots. Not cool. Anyway, any help anybody? The bike runs great, but the hard starting and kick backs are happening hot or cold. But it runs like a bat out of hell and great while running. I've never delt with a PVL before and I know some people here have. Any advice or help would be most appreciated!

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
but takes 20 kicks to start and that does not feel good on the foot.

Sorry no help here. But if I had to kick mine 20 times to get it started, I think I'd have to have my foot amputated! :ohmy:

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
gwcrim said:
Sorry no help here. But if I had to kick mine 20 times to get it started, I think I'd have to have my foot amputated! :ohmy:

That's about how mine feels now.. :bang:

Top Bottom