Gridlock

Mar 27, 2003
I have an 86' KX500 that has bad problem. Occasionally it sems like the trottle is stuck wide open.
I have completely cleaned the carb, replaced the throttle cable and checked the piston action over and over, but I can't find any reason why anything should be sticking.
It hs a Mikuni carb w, 380MJ, 40PJ, needle set at the second clip position from the top.
Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Are the conditions the same when the throttle sticks? I had a problem with mine and I seemed it only happened during dirty dusty conditions. I swapped the slide and it hasn't happened since. You might want to post at www.pitbullracing.com. There mainly KX500 guys with lots of good info.

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Will agree that the slides are soft on teh older ones, you may want to check for the chrome plating getting pulled up and causing a rough edge to hold the slide oprn as this has happened to me in the past. Ususlly arround the cutaway and off to the side edges! hope it helps.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by storytime
Will agree that the slides are soft on teh older ones, you may want to check for the chrome plating getting pulled up and causing a rough edge to hold the slide oprn as this has happened to me in the past. Ususlly arround the cutaway and off to the side edges! hope it helps.

Totally correct. Mine peeled on the lower right corner. At first I ran a file over it and that seem to work but eventually started flaking on the left side so I just replaced.

Top Bottom