kmac

Jun 11, 2002
Away for Christmas. I think stock jetting is 58 pilot/175 main. If you had a 60 pilot in there, that'll be rich. For sea-level, I'd go 170, notches on needle are set so that the lower the needle sits, the leaner you are. try 58 pilot/170 main and see how you do. Pretty hard to cook it anyway, but don't get carried away. My plug is grey/dry at my setup, MIGHT try a 55 pilot or 165 main next summer, but will stick with current setup early-season.

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by nickx
Does anyone out there know if anyone makes any anti-vibration mounts for the engine? I would think fabricating some rubber bushings in between the block and frame brackets might help a little. As for the leaking headgaskets, they are leaking externally, is that the problem they have with the 500's?
I have heard that when the frame is getting a bit long in the tooth the two alluminium plates (yep the triangular ones with three bolts in it) that run from the frame to the cylinder head can put tension on the head and so the head gasket weeps.

Aparently the way to cure this is by taking the plates off and then drilling the holes that the bolt that connects it onto the head out to a slightly larger size then fitting it all back together.

I am pretty sure that tip is in Eric Gorrs book also

Top Bottom