martinm210

Jul 26, 2005
I bought my 500 back in 2000 and it came with a 12 paddle, the Skat Viper Trak tire.

Well that paddle has seen better days and looking for a replacement.

I kind of like those "Turbo Paddles" that have the ridges, but locally they only come in 8 paddles.

I'm getting the top end big bore kit done by Forward Motion, so the motor should be nice and strong.

Is 12 paddles really needed?

What are you other 500 riders using in the sand?

martinm210

Jul 26, 2005
skat trak

I think I found my answer, looks like you can order direct from Skat-trak themselves.
They're not cheep, but you can get up to 24 paddles if you want.

skat-trak
com

Think I'm going to try the Hooker in a 14! paddle. I never felt like the 12 of the viper bogged down the 5hunny, so why not!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you're the only one here that rides a 500.

i recently purchased a skat-trak intimidator, the one with the center fin, but i haven't gotten to try it out yet.

martinm210

Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, I know we're a thinning bread..:)

I looked at that intimidator, if only it came in a 12 paddle. I wonder if the center fin will help much on carving corners, similar to the kings paddle?

10 paddles is probably enough, but I'm just struggling going to few paddles at the same time I'm doing all this engine work.

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
you are using too many paddles. I use 10 paddles for my drag 500 without issue. Unless you plan on grass racing, that is quite a few paddles.

Top Bottom