kx60: lowering link and flywheel weight

cinco in W MI

Mar 10, 2006
My son was given a 1997 KX 60, now its up to me to get it where its rideable, yeah never look a gift horse in the mouth... anyway, I looked for a lowering link and neither of the companies mentioned make one for a bike that old it seems. Anyplace else?
Also, this thing is no go, then all out powerband and wheelie ing me around the yard. Read that a heavier flywheel might help out. Where can I order one?
How adjustable is the clutch pull? I can bareley pull it and I know his hand is going to give out in a short amount of riding time.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2007
cinco in W MI, like stated befor do the DW40 and then lube it with oil. Also, you might be able to get lower spring rate clutch springs. If that dose not work then you might want to just replace the cable. It has always worked for me.

KDX200Dad

Oct 15, 2005
Lowering links

Try KoubaLink (Spam Killer blocks the URL, Google Koubalink)for lowering links, I got some for my KDX200 and they work great. I checked the site and didn't any listed for a KX60, specifically, but you can send norman an e-mail and inquire.

cinco in W MI

Mar 10, 2006
Well the lube on the cable didnt work, I am afraid I will have to look into the clutch spring or whatever pulls it back in. It snaps back hard if you let it go. I am hoping it is not like the old style disk, they were always a bitch to put in.
The flywheel weight.... $85! The only lowering link made for this is by berb. Very nice, lots of adjustment available. $82. I am going to get a used stock link, and have at it with the grinder and drill press. Fit a few bearings in and it should work like a charm.
Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom