KX65 Carb Q's -need advice & direction

WISH1965

Oct 5, 2010
I have just purchased custom built quad with a fresh KX65 motor (I had it rebuilt completely) with a 70cc big bore cylinder on it. It currently has a Mikuni 28MM carb on it. My question to all my dirt bike friends: Is this carb too big or just right? I also was thinking of switching to a Keihen since all my other jets are Keihen. I has a FMF fatty pipe on it but other wise is a stock motor. Need some direction on what size carb to start with and what initial jetting should I use to get me in the ballpark. The carb on it currently seems real rich & odd? Any help & guidance would be appreciated. Please advise. Thanks.

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
sounds about the right size i think normally the kx65 has around a 24mm carb but if it runs good why get a smaller carb?, the only problem with bigger carbs is they are harder to jet but if it runs good why re jet?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A kx65 motor in a quad, with an after market 70 cc big bore kit? The big bore cylinder came from where? The intake for a 24, you can stuff a 28 in it? I did bigger, but, say good bye to the bottom end, as if it had one to begin with. And I sure hope you did not go shopping for hop up kits the same place brentoncole, was? Vintage Bob

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
if you really want high rpm only (like gp circuit engine) is ok. otherwise may be too big. a keihin 26 from a cr80 or better yet, a pwk 26 keihin may be a better all round choice.

Top Bottom