directional

Jan 20, 2007
Well I blew my top end because my coolant pipe ripped but to get to the point I have to order a new piston

I noticed on motosport that they have a .020 overbore piston that will fit my bike.

How many more CC will this give me? Will I notice a good difference? Any suggestions?

Thanks..

ThormxKid

Jun 13, 2005
its not going to give you any more power do you know how small .02 of an inch is. i would just ball hone it and rebuild with standard size piston and rings

directional

Jan 20, 2007
ThormxKid said:
its not going to give you any more power do you know how small .02 of an inch is. i would just ball hone it and rebuild with standard size piston and rings

that's why i was asking.. it didn't seem like a lot of size difference.. .020" is a half a millimeter...

maybe i will give eric gorr a call while I am at it .. im just not sure if i can go without riding for 2 weeks.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If you are almost certain that there is no noticeable benefit, but potentially quite a bit more work involved, why would you do it?

And if I am not mistaken, isn't honing done to finish off a cylinder after a bore, or to clean up a cylinder that's in spec but used?

How are you going to be able to tell when you are .020 over with your hone?

I would suggest that you either use the proper spec piston, or send it out to a capable machinist to have it worked on.

Most likely you will end up spending quite a bit of cash otherwise.

directional

Jan 20, 2007
Okay well thats why I posted here to find that information out :)

I will order the standard bore and just hone it out to clean it up :D

TY

Top Bottom