Kx85 Blown up need Help! Cracked rod bearing!

MotoKing_1990

Apr 10, 2007
One of my friends just bought a 2002 Kx85 that my cousin rebuilt. After about a week he was riding it and and it locked up they kicked it over and it started and you could hear something on top of the piston rattling, they rode it and about ten min later it locked up again. So they had me come over, I pulled the engine out and went to work on the power valve and head bolts when I took the piston out there where big nicks on the top. The side wall was warn a little bit then I noticed the rod bearing was cracked and it had alot of play about 1/4 inch. It also had a big piece of the wall gone (which I think is where the nicks came from) the plug was gummed up with carbon real bad it didnt look like the piston hit it. So I call my local shop and they said that bike doesnt have a sleeve and they would have to nickel plate it ($225)
I also saw a crack in the exhaust housing were the pipe goes in the motor and decided it needed a new cylinder. My question is were can I get a whole new cylinder with crank,piston,gaskets, exc and not put a big hole in my friends wallet he really wants to get it back up and running soooon. :bang:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Maybe Eric can quote you a price for the whole lot if you go for his cylinder - might be cost effective and less delay. Just a thought.

Good luck.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
MotoKing_1990 said:
you could hear something on top of the piston rattling, they rode it and about ten min later it locked up again.

When you ignore the obvious signs and continue to ride until it just won't go anymore you can easily turn a small problem into a large one.

Rod

Top Bottom