autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
okay so i changed mt shifter shaft seal and countershaft seal on my kx85 but now something is messed with the gears!! i put the shifter back on exactly how it was before. when i put it in nuetral the bike will click into gear by itself sometimes and when i go to put it in gear it feels like its going to stall or take off. the bike ran amazing before i took the shifter off. its really pissing me off. :bang: any sugestions?

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
Nope didn't drain the tranny oil, just tipped the bike to the side a bit so no oil would spill out when I did the seals

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
I've never done that before so I guess I'll have to figure it out..I really hope it's something else. I remember when I was doing the seal replacements I spun the stator abit and the countershaft back and forth. I don't know Id that would have affected anything?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
autoc-o1 said:
Anybody else have any ideas? Please

When you removed the shifter did you have to pry it off? When you installed the shifter did you beat it back on with a hammer or did it slip on easily? If you beat on the shift shaft you may have dislodged a return spring or jammed the shift shaft into the other side of the case.

I would suggest taking your bike to a shop or find a friend that has some experience with working on engines.

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
To get it off I had to pull a bit and wiggle it, and to put it on I just pushed it a bit, I didn't wanna use a hammer because I didn't want to ruin the teeth, what's really weird is I rode the bike this morning and it ran perfectly fine, it didn't go into gear by itself or try to take off. Why could this have happened before and now it's fine after letting it sit for 5 days?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
1. Buy a service manual for your bike.
2. Read the service manual.
3. Read it again.
4. Read it one more time.
5. Refer to the service manual when working on your bike.

That's all I got. :coocoo:

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
Yea but the problem seems to have fixed itself..just curious if anyone know what could have caused the issue of the gears before

Top Bottom