placelast

Apr 11, 2001
2 diff. Suzi dealers said they don't list separate part # for these screws on my son's '90 RMX (later years, like my '97: yes); I'd have to buy the whole cap @ $100 a pop :eek:

:think: I know Kawasaki & Yamaha use KYBs, so which models have similar air bleeder screws?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Any idea which year, model? The pimple-faced kids behind the counter (now don't you young 'uns get offended - I was there once too) usually don't have a clue; they don't shuffle their feet w/o specifics...

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
They R 41mm USD KYBs; Suzi switched to Showa '91-up. (I'm not cheap, but the OEM fork protectors R $40 ea.!)

BTW, my '97 RMX has fine conventional 45mm Showas. Still completely stock (sorry, wanted other goodies 1st), oil & all; so is the rear. It works better than any other bike I've owned, except for my DR350 that I put '91 RMX legs on, F&R, which was in it's self pretty good stuff. Anyway, I'd like U to set these up 4 me; was thinking RT GVs like MXTs old RMX but figured U have something much better up your sleeve.

When is your slow time, Aug/Sep.? I'll send them off to ya then, unless you prefer I send them to an associate of yours in the LA area, tho most of the suspension service shops down here seem like they've got some secrete to hide or something. It's not like I'm going to take their busness away - just trying to find out who's honest - I don't need to go thru that w/U.

Top Bottom