L.A. Sleeve

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Has anybody ever used LA Sleeve, and were you happy with the outcome? I have a smokin deal on a 97 CR-250 in the works, the only thing is the bike has a gouge in the cylinder.
Also, what piston should i get for the CR? Wiseco, Pro X ?
Any ideas, suggestions or comments welcome.
Thanks!

Dave....

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Send it to eric gorr and have him do a big bore for you, can't go wrong there. I believe that eric may even have already done cylinders that he swap with yours.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
L.A. Sleeve does very good work, and I think you'll be very happy with their service.

IMHO, Eric is better, but I am SERIOUSLY biased. ;)

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
I see my origional post was moved, sorry i am still learning this awesome forum. So if i sent the cylinder to EG it would simply be exchanged for an already prepped jug? Does EG install plated or a boreable sleeves?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
What Eric would probably do is on your cylinder if the gouges are not too deep he could overbore it (To a 265+) and replate it.

If you are going to go the sleeve route though by all means go L.A. Sleeve, I have only had and heard good experiences.

If I had the choice though, I would go the bigbore and replate route.
That way you can get some porting at the same time!!! :thumb:

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
OK, heres the deal, LA sleeve (installed) with piston kit $410 + S/H (+/- $50)
New CR250 jug w/piston kit, $465 from dealer.

I thought you could save a bundle by sleeving vs buying new, can i get a better deal with Forward Motion?

Now i really dont know what to do here, somebody mentioned a Big Bore from forward Motion??

Need a few more opinions please....

Thanks!

Dave....

jib

Jan 23, 2000
Click on Eric Gorrs site, over there on the left hand side, and scroll down on the front page to the ama legal big bore kits and read it. It'll be a no brainer decision as to what to do.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Thanks! The Eric Gore site spells it out pretty well, it sounds like the way to go for sure. I like how they explain everything and tell ya what the competition doesn't do. A lot of good stuff there.

Thanks! :)

Dave......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…