rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Nike Signs on as Associate Sponsor of L&M Racing
- press release -
Carlsbad, California – August 28, 2006 – The world’s largest sporting goods and apparel manufacturer announced their commitment to L&M Racing’s supercross team today for the 2007 season.

It should come as no surprise that Nike, a brand synonymous with elite athletes and competitive winning, has agreed to sponsor L&M Racing’s supercross team. L&M Racing is the sport’s premier supercross team, fielding two of the top names in the sport; Chad Reed and Nathan Ramsey, both past AMA Supercross Champions. This supercross endeavor marks a first for Nike.

photo: Simon Cudby
“I’m absolutely ecstatic to have Nike involved with our team” remarked L&M’s team manager Larry Brooks. “No matter what sport you look at Nike is always at the technological forefront giving its athletes the competitive advantage needed to win. I’m really looking forward to working with them over the next couple of seasons” added Brooks.

“The Nike 6.0 team respects the dedication, commitment and athleticism needed to compete at the highest levels in supercross. We look forward to providing support to Chad, Nathan and the entire L&.M racing team” responded Dan Burris the Nike Action Sports GM. Look for L&M Racing to make their debut at the start of the 2007 supercross season.

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
i find that pretty cool considering nike is my favorite brand of show and that chad reed is my fav. rider, however im geussing most of you will think its stupid

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
xcracer725 said:
i find that pretty cool considering nike is my favorite brand of show and that chad reed is my fav. rider, however im geussing most of you will think its stupid
nah, just your spelling and grammar.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No matter what sport you look at Nike is always at the technological forefront giving its athletes the competitive advantage needed to win.
What exactly is it that Nike makes for MX? Underwear maybe?

I think ANY outside sponsorship is great. Congrads to Chad.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I heard rumors a year or two ago about Nike trying to develop an MX boot with air/inflatable stuff inside. I thought they were actually giving prototypes to people to test, but never heard anything else about it. Might be a good way for them to launch a new product?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very cool!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Okiewan said:
What exactly is it that Nike makes for MX? Underwear maybe?

I think ANY outside sponsorship is great. Congrads to Chad.

Maybe they dont make anything (yet) for MX, but i do wear NIKE when i go too the gym to train for ridin..

I hope they do jump in and make some gear/boots, i like their gym clothes, stuff lasts forever..

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
xcracer725 said:
Why do you care so much about that, i can see if every other word was messed up but i misspelled like 3 words maybe, i was in a hurry and had to go my bad.

People care because attention to detail turns out to be a fairly significant determinant of success. XRpredator is trying to help you realize this in his very special way, which does not include any candy coating.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
i don't think nike makes any real athletic wear any longer - its all about the bling since about the late 80's :blah:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
MX-727 said:
XRpredator is trying to help you realize this in his very special way, which does not include any candy coating.
I'm like an M&M without the shell.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
XRpredator said:
I'm like an M&M without the shell.

Peanut or plain???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Similar to the approach Sidi has taken, Nike makes a line of cycling shoes that are excellent as well as cycling gear and pulse meter watches. It seems likely thay they might try and tap the MX market. Competition from big companies with R&D dollars to spend is good for the sport.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Are you sure you want to stick with that post, Pred?

After all, you're telling the world you like male nuts in your mouth.

:yikes:

:rotfl:

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
This is great for the sport in so many ways.

Nike is known for breaking and setting technology standards for athlete protection and equipment. This could mean someday Nike MX boots and chest protectors and everything might hit the market.

Plus is makes other big name companies look into sponsorship which can only help push the sport along.

Top Bottom