L Shape Joint on Fuel Cut off switch

TwoFifty

Aug 15, 2008
I was out riding my KX250 today when it completley stalled out on me, wasn't really sure what happened until i saw fluid just gushing out from the bike, i was expecting the worst at this point.

Quickly i realised it was the L shaped joint that sits on the bottom of the fuel cut off switch. It had come out of the switch and fuel was gushing out the bottom, obviously i just turned the switch to off and it stopped and i plugged the connector back together. I did not ride the bike after this because i wasn't sure what would happen if i carried on.

After getting the bike home i took a closer look, the connection does not seem tight anymore i can easily pull it apart and im not sure if it should be that way, there is a small indent line on the fitting as if there should be a small snap ring or similar in there but im not to sure.

I have included some pictures, im hoping you can name this part for me and possibly help me figure out if its a simple replace or if its something more complicated. Also yes it is currently Zip Tied in position, without them it does NOT fall out but is not tight.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 08130002.JPG
    08130002.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 08130004.JPG
    08130004.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 110

TwoFifty

Aug 15, 2008
Yeh tell me about it haha, im so glad its not to large of a problem haha :)

Ok thanks, so if i replace the petcock will it come with the new L shape joint underneath it?

Top Bottom