TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
It was a great weekend for all of who made the trip to Draper Lake to ride. We had lot's of laughs and just a few crashes, no major damage to us or our bikes.
The ride conditions weren't bad at all. A little dry, but over all the trails were in good condition. But this is from a guy who rides mostly rock at Camp Gruber. So anything other than rock to me is GREAT.
We had 9 riders on Saturday, it made for some great story telling. I must say the award goes to Scott for the most theatrical story telling... :laugh: He made you feel like you were there just by the way he told his stories. Anthony get's the award for the best crash. Think he suffered a slight head ache but nothing to serious.
We had riders from all over, Kansas City, Dallas, Ft.Smith, OKC and Tulsa area. Butch was a great trail guide on Saturday for the gang. "Thanks" Mike new the area pretty well also, took us on some pretty great trails all weekend. Plus Mike had a tool kit that most of us would love to have in our tool boxes, and this is just what he carried while riding. :worship: So a great big THANKS goes out to Mike from all of us.
Let me see if I can relate a few of the lighter moments. I must say that Anthony got the dirtiest with a good roosting provided by Butch. He looked liked he decided to roll in the mud instead of riding his bike.
Mike tried to drown me on Sunday. I ran out of water on one of the longer loops. "Mike's idea of a short loop is 20miles" So while stopped waiting for everyone to gather back up I asked Mike for a drink of water. He handed over his camel back, without the nozzle on the end. I proceeded to get a drink, what I got was a lung full of water. I spent the next few minutes coughing up my lungs, while Scott and Mike fell off their bikes because they were laughing so hard. That's okay though, I will get them both back the next ride. :p
I think ZeroTact got messed with the most about his new ride. Mike teased Sean about his bike from the get go... At least he got to ride it one full day. He left the battery on over night. Needless to say it was dead by Sunday. I still think he did this on purpose!!! ;) At least that's what I accused him of.
BSwift made it on Sunday morning. He got there about an hour before us. "Sorry you had to wait" We had a long day on Saturday, so we all decided to meet about 9am. Brian and I made a good loop together before he had to roll out for the house. As always Brian kicked my butt, but I have to tell off on him though. As we hit the trails Brian was leading. Well he proceeded to take us on the same short loop about 4 or 5 times. It was like dejavu every time we came back around, I kept thinking I would see a black cat at any moment. Now I am going to say this at great risk to my life, but I have to say it....I think Brian was having a senior moment.... :laugh: Please don't run me over the next time we ride!!!!! You know I worship the ground you walk on. But I had to tell the story!!!!
Well now that my life isn't worth anything I guess I will go and spend some quality time with me wife.

Thanks to all who showed and spent a great weekend riding. We will have to do it again soon. I hope everyone had a great weekend and got home safe. Lee

Aug 31, 2004
Yeah i went riding today, at a little track in Hume, VA. I went over a single and overshot it and went over the handlebars and the big bike landed on my back. Im pissed. I dented my pipe. Im even more pissed. AND i bent my handlebars and triple clamp. ARGH!!!

zeppelinrider

Aug 23, 2004
I went to a spot by the hills and Cops came and kicked everyone out cause they had found a dead body there or something. I was bummed but then one of the guys there said he knows a place near by so we followed him and rode there for like 30 min and then left cause it wasnt a good place to ride. There was like abandoned cars and all sorts of junk like everywhere. So not verry succesfull day but it was ok i guess. At least i got to ride.

Top Bottom