Labor Day weekend - TNT?

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
I'm hoping to do some riding one day this weekend. Anyone else available? I'm eager to get James and Ivan out on the small track at TNT to see if I can halfway keep up with them! :worship:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by linusb
I'm eager to get James and Ivan out on the small track at TNT to see if I can halfway keep up with them! :worship:

LOL, I don't think Ivan and I have demonstrated speed deserving of the worship smiley.

We are planning on Racing Saturday night, Sunday or Monday is a possibility depending on how old I feel after Saturday.

Which day do you have in mind and MORE IMPORTANTLY, you aren't going to ditch us for other things again are you??? :confused:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
James, you of all people should be well accustomed to a little rejection! :o

I'm hoping to have the YZ ready for this weekend...I'll know more, later.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Woohoo! Sounds like a plan coming together this week. I definitely won't be backing out! :thumb: Just tell me what day is best for yooz guys and I'll be there.

Hey Gome, if you need any help with the bikes between now and this weekend, I'd be glad to offer my limited services. At the least, I'd probably be able to knock another bike off a stand and onto your head again. :confused: :confused: :confused:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
James, you of all people should be well accustomed to a little rejection! :o

I think it was I who rejected the Gomer Shower offer, let's keep our stories straight (well as 'straight' as possible).

Knocked a bike on his head..............that explains a lot.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I can't promise anything. We have family coming up this weekend for the race and I have my niece on Monday. I'll know more later this week.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I may be able to do Monday. They are having an MX School that day too and I'm toying with the idea of doing it (not a serious consideration yet). Maybe if we got a few people to try it together I would be more interested.

www.tntmotorsportsinc.com has some info about it.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Linus: If the cylinder comes in Friday, I'll probably be throwing it together Friday night.

James: I was protecting the floor by leting the bike land on my head.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
So are we contemplating Sunday or Monday at this point?? If Gomer is throwing stuff together on Friday night, he must be planning on Saturday morning, but we'll probably see him Sunday afternoon at the earliest. :confused:

I think the MX school is a good idea - I could use it - but I'm not really enthused about that at the moment. Is this school going to require certain areas to be off limit on Monday?

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Though I'm interested in the school, I can't afford it right now. I was wondering the same thing about track closures.

Gomer: Give me a call Friday if that cylinder comes in and I'll shoot on over there.

If we ever get our house sold, I may be interested in buying your CR if you are still planning on selling it. The options I'm considering are to sell my Husky and my street bike and with the proceeds, buy a better MXer and a small street bike.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Everything will be open...they just use small parts of the track exclusively for short periods of time.

For example, they may re-route people around part of the track while they practice a particular turn for a while.

I'm considering Saturday afternoon/evening and then Sunday morning and maybe Monday.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'm considering Saturday afternoon/evening and then Sunday morning and maybe Monday.

Looks like I'll try Sunday. I just remembered I'm on-call Monday so I have to stick around the house or chance it.

Sunday seems to be the best bet for me. I probably can get there around 11am.

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
That's good because I was leaning towards Sunday myself. So we can now have the TNT Woods Track GP. So far, looks like a 4 rider event on Sunday.

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Wish I could make it... I'm leaving tomorrow for Lake Havasu. Hehehe...
I'll bring y'all back some beads!!

James... Ken said you have another set of springs you may want to trade for my stockers.... I am interested. I will be back on the 9th.

Y'all have fun!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Kevin,

The rear spring may be a bit soft unless you weigh less than Ken. I'll be glad to swap em out if you want to try them for a while. Would be interested in your old ones in either case. Tell Ken to get some fork oil so we can test his before we take yours apart!!

Have a good vacation!!!

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
We got some oil the other day. I wanted to ride his before we trade... no I weigh a few pounds more than Ken.

I'll talk to ya when we get back!

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Sunday it is then. Hope James and Ivan won't be too worn out after racing Saturday night! On second thought, I hope they are...in which case I'll be serving whoopass for lunch. :moon:

:) :) :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by slacker00
Wish I could make it... I'm leaving tomorrow for Lake Havasu.

Just drop your 450 off at TNT befor you go. I need something to test ride while I contemplate getting a YZ450F :p

Ivan

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Hey guys,
going to try to make it Sunday, Monday, ... will see.
James, got your mail, don't worry about it, I'm in no hurry.
BTW, Ivan, James, GREAT ride report! Next Top Gun night race ... let me know.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ivan, where are you guys racing Saturday night? I may do the Sat night SX at Mill Creek, but a change of venue miight be nice.

If you're racing somewhere between Greenville and Atlanta, I could probably swing it.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
It is in Shelby. It is about an hour north of Greenville.

www.jmxracing.com

It is a nice tight little track. We'd love to have you up for a race.

Next weekend is a day race but the following weekend is back at Shelby.

Ivan

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'm thinking maybe an East Bend race that would be closer to you, Dave!

Lola and Aryn coming?!?
Not sure where East Bend is?
Sun, Mon will be Aryn & I. Lola, ya know "she is a showgirl" must keep her working. :silly:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
That's a shame because I was planning on bringing some ones!! :thumb:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by the spode formerly known as P
That's a shame because I was planning on bringing someone's thumb
:think: What tha, ? James, what are you doing with the thumbs? :flame:
Gomer, save us a tent spot for Sunday night. :yeehaw:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…