N3WFI3

Oct 31, 2007
my 490 has a new clutch kit in it and the topend is fresh and not even a full tank of gas went through it

seems my bike is lacking power especially topend speed in 3rd and 4th could it be that the bike is running to rich? or i need new reeds? seems when i go around half throttle or more in 3rd or 4th gear she will just ping and wont really speed up much and the powerband don't feel as strong as i expected

i want to figure out the problem cause i know my bike should have alot more power and topspeed then i am getting

she has tons of compression and idles great

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Has your head ever been reworked?? The 490s are known for having very cantankerous jetting problems. Either pinging from too lean, or too gurgling rich. The only way most people have fixed this is by having the head reworked. First, though, inspect your reeds and then play with the jetting. When running correctly, they can pull your arms off.

N3WFI3

Oct 31, 2007
never had any work done on the head, i know this bike was hard to jet
i would like to find a good balance if i can, don't wanna run to lean and ruin the motor

N3WFI3

Oct 31, 2007
the problem is definately because of rich jetting
my sparkplug fouled today and was black and a bit wet
gunna drop the main and pilot one and test it all out
just goto wait for them jets to come in and fix the stupid flat tire i got today

Top Bottom