Ladies and gentleman, In the Yellow corner 200EC... and in the Orange corner 200EXC

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Well the KDX-220R has now gone :( to a new owner and now I need a bike for weeks HnH and in a weeks time a a trip to Wales in September and my choice is down to Gasser 200EC and well, yes I know it's a 'sheeps' choice but I can't discount the KTM 200 EXC, can I?

I'm looking at 05 models for both, anything I need to check for on either bikes, you guys know the weak points.

Handling is my main priority and a smooooooth engine.....I hear the KTM has low bottom end then a BIG hit?

My only experience with a KTM is a ride on a mates 04 525EXC and we both agreed that on a 'cut up' and proper knarly MX track the KDX was far easier to go quick on.....it turned in better than the 525 which just wanted to wash out the front end...hmm surprised us too, but a 525 chassis isn't gona be like a 200, is it, I hope not 'cos I couldn't 'gel' with that 525 chassis?

Gas Gas, when did the black frame come along, do they change a lot from 04/05/06? Speedymaniac, you helped my queries a few weeks back, further help welcome :cool:

Seat heights: Anyone know what the seats heights are for both when on the bike, I realise unladen is a little pointless.

Ohh, and just to muddy the waters a WR250 has come along with electric foot!

many thanks guys
cheers guys

Last edited:
Top Bottom