Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Due to popular demand Kerrie and I have decided we will head West and do a school for women riders in the California, Oregon, and Washington Area (anywhere for that matter). Pegasus has made arrangements for us to fly to Southern Oregon on May 11th - 12th to teach a 2 day school. Kerrie and I are both willing to donate our time but there will be a fee to cover our travel expenses. Here is the information:

Date: May 11-12th

Location: Southern Oregon (Email Pegasus @ wcrdance@internetcds.com for more information on location)

Cost: $75 for the 2 day event (Includes lodging, the school and a Moose Jersey - Thanks Moose!) You will need to take care of your meals but there is a few places near by to eat. There are beds but please bring a sleeping bag and towels. We need to get at least 10 riders to cover the plane tickets. If we get more riders then 10 we will refund any extra money.

What will you learn?
1.) Proper bike set up (lever and bar position, sag, etc. . .)
2.) Stance (Riding Position)
3.) Turns - Sounds silly but most people don't know the correct way to turn.
4.) Hills- up and down
5.) Log crossings
6.) Enduro Basics

It should be a great weekend to get a women's prespective on riding. As you know I have competed and finished the ISDE and Kerrie has competed in both enduro and trials for the last 30 years. She is also one of the few American women to finish the SSDT (Scottish Six Day Trial) We feel we have a lot to offer you and it should be fun to get a group of ladies together.

We need to have at least 10 people to do the class and we need you to sign up by March 28th (That way we can get the tickets purchased) If you are interested either send an E-mail to nicole@wmohs.com or to Pegasus wcrdance@internetcds.com

If your spouses would want to come to ride that will probably work. They would need to plan on camping or finding a hotel room. Please keep this to spouses or signifigant others since this is on private land.

Thanks,
Nicole

Last edited:

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Nicole!

I'm in!
I have been talking with Pegasus about the school in last few days. CJ Rider also has been telling me about you since we met in Reno a month ago, so I am very excited to meet you and take lessons from you and Kerrie.

I also finished my first Enduro race on my new KDX220R on March 9 and started understanding about the race. So this is a real good timing for me.
I hope we can get enough people to make this happen!!!

Mini
;)

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
I might be able to make it...

Hello!

I too, am very interested and might be able to make it...it all depends on if I can get my parents to watch my son. I will have to say I am a definate maybe at this point (oh yah, if I go I will have my spouce (Justin) tagging along).

Karna

P.S. How far away is the riding area from the Sacramento area? How much time off should we plan on taking?

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Hi.
Just wanted to explain the lodging for the Ride School.There is a new 1200 sq ft home that is not being used on the Ranch where we are riding. It is carpeted, warm and has a nice bathroom. There are some beds and we will put double 4 in pads down for sleeping..Not the Ritz but warm dry and free ! It will be the Ladies bunk.

If you bring your sweeties.. there is lodging close by and plenty of room to park trailers..

Also a large garage for bikes.

E-mail or PM if you would like our phone#

Karna.....I think Sac is about 6 hrs give or take. We are about 25 mi So. of Grants Pass off 199..Hope you can make it!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hi Ellen!

Susan's out right now so I thought I would reply for her.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES.....

I'm pretty sure that would be her response. (grin)

BTW, it's probably well that we passed on this last weekend. We got snow in Portland down to the 500' level. Little to none in town... but any elevation at all got snow. oof!

Also, depending on the health of Susan's knee (she got hit by a Datus pickup in a crosswalk - flew over the hood and crashed on the street.... but is doing quite well except for bumps-n-bruises. ah, but I diverge....)

This Sunday we are going to go do the Euro GP in Goldendale, WA. It's straight up the gorge about two hours from Portland, OR. Let us now if you want any details on course, distance, blah-blah...

Still looking forward to riding with you guys! - RandyB. (aka "E-Ticket)

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Sorry to hear.....

E-ticket, I'm sorry to hear that she had such a horrible accident.
I hope she is feeling O.K.
Anyway, I can't wait to see you guys again.
Take care!!!
Mini

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Hey Randy,
Glad Susan is doing better..Now you guys take it easy up there in Goldendale so you make it this way !..
..and get Susan coffee before she crosses the street will ya :D

Yep we're lookin forward to seeing everyone too!

Let us know how the weekend went.

Looks like with Susan we so far have 6 for the Ride Schlool .

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
I am Sending my $$$ today!

I have changed from a "maybe" to a definate "YES!" I have already started finalizing arrangements! I also know that Kali (from the Reno trip that I didn't attend) will be attending as well...we are carpooling most of the way,together. Justin won't be able to tag along as he has an enduro the weekend before and the weekend after and can't afford to take too many weekends off of work :(
I am sure I will have so much fun I won't even know he is hundreds of miles away :eek:

I wanted to mention that if we can't get the minimum rider count (but I don't see how anyone can refuse this wonderful opportunity) I would be willing to pay a little extra to help with the travel expenses. I am sure others would be willing as well in order to make this happen!

Thank you! I am counting the days already!

Karna

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
There are three of us here in Modesto VERY INTERESTED in attending the school too, two of us are trying to squirm our way out of a business trip to Chicago in the days before the event to leave us free for the 8+ hour road trip up to Southern Oregon. Right now count in three "MAYBE's". Will know more in a week or so!!

Natalie

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Thats Great Natalie.
Im sure it will be worth the drive !

OOhh Im grinnin already !

Karna dont worry we will make it happen! ....If the ?'s turn into for Yes's we are already there..

Yep it's gonna be a good one!

ktmchick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2002
I'm keen to go. :)

Have to finalise a few details such as time off from work and what I'm going to do with Mick, but other than that, count me in.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Hi all,
This school sounds really wonderful! For sure count me in. Thanks for setting it up.
My knee took the brunt of the impact from the Toyota's bumper, hip got bruised from the front edge of the hood. Otherwise I'm fine! Wow. Have taken worse crashes on my dirtbike...:) ....
Pegasus - The lack of coffee was part of the problem, I was on my way TO Starbucks!
-Susan
BBR200

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I will be in Tenn at an event on July 4-7th or something. I think that Suzy Moody should do one. Is there that many girls down that way? If there is I would be more than happy to ask her.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
I can think of 6 or so right off the top of my head. Do you want me to check around and see how many might be interested? I'm sure when word gets out, the number will grow. I'm definately interested!:aj:

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
CNM,

Time to clean out your PM box. Suzy said she could do a Saturday school but is racing the circuit so would not be able to actually ride with you girls in an event. She is open to the idea if you can come up with a date to do the event. Why don't you check with other girls (or put a post) and then we can cordinate with Suzy.
Thanks,
Nicole

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
count me IN!
I will get someone to cover work for me if I get any bookings, so I can plan on being there....
Susan, was it you I raced with yesterday at the Goldendale GP?
I was on the KTM 200
Cheers!
Holley

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Yes, I was at the Euro GP near Goldendale, WA yesterday - got 2nd place!!!
It was a blast. All the indoor arenacross I'd done really helped, there were a bunch of tight corners, even a narrow "W" in one section, bunch of small jumps (altho on the first lap I went up a steep embankment, little flat on the top, looking up around the corner didn't even realize there was a HUGE ditch between me and the corner... until I'm dropping off into space... I let out an expletive scream - survived the landing - all the course workers laughed and cheered. It was pretty funny once it was over - but I rolled that one the rest of the laps!). There were quite a few deep steep ditches (like 20 or 30 feet?) actually, my new tires (thanks, Randy!) really helped me claw my way out of them, especially the muddy parts.
I got a really good start, the gal who won had trouble starting her bike, then passed me about 3/4 of the way thru the first lap, so when I realized she wasn't going out of sight all that fast, I decided to catch up, did, then made a risky pass thru a mud bog - picked a rut and hoped...) which she'd skirted aroung the edge of, then I'm out front...RACING!... a bit over my head, some wild little jumps, bumps, turns, come up to the deepest bog of the race, pick a rut, my forks hang up, I stop, stall and flip over, my boot pinned under the bike, the other gal passes me!! Never saw her again til we talked at the end.
Really looking forward to the school, Ellen my check's in the mail! My knee wasn't much of a problem, started to ache by the 3rd lap (did 5 total, about 30 miles), but feels great today.
-Susan
BBR

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Susan,
so you raced both days? That's great, wish I coulda stayed for Sunday's race also.
Must have been Val you were racing yesterday, was she on the KX100?
She smoked us both on Sat, got the holeshot and everything!
Did they reverse the course for the Sunday race?
Glad to hear you're going to the enduro school too...get in touch with me if you want to do some riding beforehand!
Holley

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Holley,
No, I only raced Sunday, so guess we weren't in the same one! Heard they did reverse the direction. The gal who won Sunday's name was Terri, third was Charline (I think), didn't get the other two names.
Heard there was a REALLY good woman in Saturday's race. Whoohoo!
-Susan
BBR200

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Was Charlene on a KX 100? Was her husband on a CR 250, named Rob? If it's the Charlene I'm thinking of her first race was the race where I torched my knee last August. Sounds like she's doing really well.

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
aha..now I'm not so confused anymore LOL!
For Saturday, it was myself on the KTM, Val on the KX100, and some blond girl on a tricked out XR200.
So now I have no idea who she was, since I thought it was Susan!
So there were 3 of us on Sat, and sounds like 5 of you on Sunday. The only one that raced both days was probably Val.
She completely kicked butt on Sat, and I came in second.
She finished 74th OVERALL since she was doing so well they let her go 4 laps instead of 3.
That was an awesome course, wasn't it?!
I want to race it again!
cheers,
Holley

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Hey Susan,

Well done !!

Cant wait to see you all down here !!

This is definitely going to be a good one !

OHBOY OHBOY !!

Last edited:

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Yeah, I think Charlene was on a KX100 on Sunday. Didn't meet her husband. It was a really great course - repeats on April 20 & 21, hoping to do it again! Heard it was a lot muddier on Saturday. Sunday was perfect.
-Susan
BBR200

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
they are also doing Starvation Ridge April 6-7, unless it's still too muddy, then it'll be the GP course again. We're gonna go just for Saturday's race again, we usually can't do both days :(
What a fun area to ride in though!
Cheers,
Holley

Top Bottom