Lafferty Clinches Sixth National Enduro Title

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
From cyclenews.com:
OFF-ROAD - Lafferty Clinches Sixth National Enduro Title
By Kit Palmer

Lafferty's Sixth 9/2/2003

Mike Lafferty clinched his sixth AMA National Championship Enduro title at the second-to-last round of the series in Clinton, South Carolina, August 31. The KTM rider didn't get the win, instead finished third, but he did tie Randy Hawkins for third on the all-time championship victory list behind Bill Baird with seven titles and Dick Burleson with eight.

Yamaha-mounted Jason Raines nabbed the win on the day, with five points. Yamaha rider Barry Hawk and Lafferty both dropped eight points, with second going to Hawk and third to Lafferty. Yamaha's Robbie Jenks and Randy Hawkins both dropped 12 points to finish fourth and fifth overall, respectively.

Jason Chancey (KTM), David Lykke (Yam), Steven Edmondson (KTM), Allen Gravitt (KTM) and Tommey Veator (KTM) rounded out the top 10 overall.

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
I ride the same bike as Lafferty...now if I can only perform like he does!!!

Having met Mike at the national in Louisianna, I'd have to say it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Congrats Mike!

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Congrats to Mike, we better watch out for those Yamaha guys, with Hawkins coaching and their youth, you never know.

You see Chancey and Gravitt up there in the hunt. These two were on the winning 24 Hours of Perry Mountain team. Impressive to watch as they went bye! :)

Top Bottom