Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The AMA laid a 5 second penalty on Grant Langston for his "aggressive" pass on Michael Byrne during the 250 main at San Francisco. The penalty cost Grant 2 points. Who's next?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Watched the slo-mo replay, didn't see anything but racin'. At some point the announcer quoted Reed as saying when he dropped it he was on the brakes too hard to avoid tapping (was it KW?). I remember two years ago Brown and Langston were just taking turns taking each other out as the 125 outdoors went down to the wire, but this is too much the other way.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I cannot believe this garbage.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Remember what happened to NASCAR when they used to race like Genteelman in the 80s BORING. Thats OK the money will go to WORCS or GNCCs :)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
yea i was watching the race when it happened and i really dont think it was intentional, i though tit was clean racing, but hey im not the AMA

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
What a joke! The powers that be in Europe ruined Grand Prix MX now the AMA is doing their best to ruin SX. I have had enough. Isn't it time for womens softball or the world championship of poker to start?

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
That is just plain ridiculous! There was NO bad contact at ALL! It was just a tight squeeze and two bikes couldn't fit in the same spot. If ANYBODY made an 'aggressive' move it was Byrne for trying to squeeze past Langston and hitting those Tuff Blox. From what I saw Langston had already accomplished the pass when Byrne tried too hard to hold on, then like what was said above, he had to clamp the brakes to try to AVOID a collision and point deduction. Am I seeing crooked, or is the new AMA rule possibly causing accidents? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
nikki said:
Someone needs to impeach Whitelock asap! He's starting to ruin the sport.

I'll second that!

Yeah, I just watched that slow-mo video 15 times and it still looks the same to me. Dumb call, plain and simple.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
This and the Windham "who was reverse t-boned by DV" incident is B.S. To you AMA members "send him down the river"........"uh without the paddle". Is whitlock a former ball type sport referee?

tomhat1

Nov 15, 2001
the ama set the rule that they would take points away. taking points away from windham pissed me off, so if they are going to be consistent they need to take points away from the passer if the passee does not let off the gas and get passed. doesn't sound like racing to me, but that is the way things seem to be going. anytime someone gets passed with a bump i just get more pissed off when i think about windham losing points. give windham back his points and let's watch some racing! :aj:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
MrMXer327 said:
Let's start a Poll.... Who thinks the AMA should be docked 10 points for the tuff block being on the track.
I think that flagger should be docked. It looks like he put it there so he could stand ON the track without getting hit.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
We should definitly start a poll, only it should be "Should Whitelock get the boot?" :flame: Put it on top of the DRN home page and get everyone to vote. Send the results to the AMA and let them know how everyone feels. Could you imagine the damage this fool could do if he was in charge of the Arenacross Series? :ohmy:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
That was a clean pass, Byrne wasn't complaining either, just bummed cause he was finally up front.. Isn't that kind of a dangerous spot for a flagger??
RIck

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
"I think that flagger should be docked. It looks like he put it there so he could stand ON the track without getting hit."
My son and I just saw it last night and that's exactly what it looked like to us but we didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay (thanks nikki!). Looks like they both had a line going in - look how much room Byrne had on the outside - then coming out of the turn there's this tuff blox sitting all by it's lonely a couple feet inside the track, obviously placed there to protect the flagger's right to be a dumbass. He didn't even attempt to get out of the way.

Keg

Dec 17, 2003
G'day all,

I think it was fair. You just shouldn't be allowed to pass an Aussie. Especially the bloke who one the 2001 Australian ThumperX (natural terrain MX) on an XR650 tank.

Go Burner, Go!

Top Bottom