MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Has anyone heard anything on Grant's injuries from his Houston crash? It was a serious get-off. I really hope he's OK but am worried about the guy.

You know, I would think that some sort of soft landing area would be placed on the back side of berms like that in order to prevent situations such as this. It seems obvious that riders are going to go over berms like that with some sort of regularity.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
At the Anaheim rounds they had speed boats, and pick-up trucks parked on the infield of track. But if you strayed out of the "mechanics box" trying to watch your riders bike in the whoops, you were chastized, and told your were a safety hazard.

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
You would think that with one freak death from going over a berm they would start to do a little more at least make it look like they have made some attempt to protect a rider that goes off the track.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
The latest is that he's OK. He is sore and had a mild concussion.

I flagged practice on Friday at the Houston SX.
Grant was having a hard time all evening.
Compared to the Jap bikes, it really appears that the KTM's rear suspension was not soaking up the bumps as smoothly.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I thought his shock was terrible in the whoops-it was ok for the first half of the whoop section, and got worse and worse the more he hit-towards the last few it threw the bike forwards onto the front wheel-no one likes the 250sx and grant is playing with fire IMO.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
come on guys...these teams have unlimited budgets and all the works parts a motohead could ever dream of, has it ever crossed your mind that langston just sucks in the whoops?? :laugh:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
the boy needs a real 250 mx bike !!!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Don't bag on the KTMs. The fact is that Grant is not going to keep up with Reed or KW no matter what bike he is on and I bet Reed would still be winning if he was on a KTM. KTM doesn't have the riders the other teams have and it is not all about the bikes, it's the money the bike companies are willing to throw at the top riders to get them.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
It's not just Grant. All the KTMs were bouncing all over the place.
I was standing 2 ft from the track, when the Jap bike's rear wheels slammed the top of a double their suspension would soak it up. The KTM's would spit the riders off.

Face it, some suspension traits cannot be accomplished without a linkage.
For European motocross it may be OK, Supercross is a different story.

Just my $0.02

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Wow!! If Langston would just get on a Hondasakzookaha; he would be smokin' Reed!

Heh-heh! Smokin' Reed! Heh-heh!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Talk about bad luck,, has the KTM truck parked too close to the Suzuki team??? After last weeks concrete face plant, Grant seems to have worked the kinks out even with the brusies and sore hip and pulled the hole shot, was leading the first lap of his heat race when Reed makes a big mistake (and how often does that happen?) loses control and takes out Grant's back wheel on the way to his own face plant.

Top Bottom