Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Racer X said:
Cypress, CA (January 12, 2007) - - Yamaha Factory racer Grant Langston was injured during a practice crash at the Yamaha test track in Corona, CA. While preparing for the upcoming Phoenix Supercross on Thursday January 11th, Grant went down and, fearing he had injured his collarbone, immediately went to the local hospital.

GL is out 4-6 weeks

After meeting with his doctors, it was confirmed that Grant Langston did, in fact, break his collarbone. The likeable South African will be forced to miss at least the next four to six rounds of the AMA Supercross series.

Yamaha will update Grant’s condition and possible return date as Grant moves forward with his recovery and return to the Supercross series.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Chad Reed would be able to ride it out and still get on the podium.

Because he's a WARRIOR!!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
Chad Reed would be able to ride it out and still get on the podium.

Because he's a WARRIOR!!

Obvously, Lanston is a lesser man.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Vic said:
Obvously, Lanston is a lesser man.
Don't know him but Langston is definately much less a superman :boss:
I am still trying to figure out how he keeps getting factory rides. When is the last time he finsihed a season uninjured and in the top 10? Guys like Wey are out there doing a great job putting up results and get overlooked.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I think Langston is aggressive, must be why he gets the factory rides. He's a pretty good outdoor rider too, seein him 2 years ago catch Alessi on the last lap @ Hangtown was impressive.

Only faults I see in Reed is letting his injuries be known, that is his weakness.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
Guys C'mon ......

Langston has ridden plenty of times injured and hurting.

A broken bone is a different thing, you have to rest them to avoid complications like infection. A bone infection can kill you, it's not like a torn ligament or something.

Bone takes a minimum of 4-weeks to heal, but don't think there won't be pain after that. Langston will be back as soon as the Doc gives him the OK.

Reed's situation cannot be worsened and if it could the Doc would be prohibiting him from riding too.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Didn't Langston ride w/ a broken foot through most of the 04 season?? I believe he broke it at Hangtown running down Alessi? (damn impressive charge too... as I was there to witness it)

Didn't he win the 250F West last year?? Didn't he win the 125 Outdoor title in 03?? I know they cancelled a round, but he still won it.

I'm not really a GL fan(more to do w/ his land developing than mx), but, c'mon guys... give the guy his due. I will agree that he is pretty fragile or maybe just rides over his head a bit... or is just unlucky at the wrong time, but he does have some worth accomplishments in SX/MX.

Top Bottom