Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
from racer-x:

April 19, 2002

Langston in surgery, out for Vegas

We just spoke to Gerald Langston and received an update on the injuries suffered by his son Grant last week in Southern California.

"He's in surgery right now," Gerald told Racer X editor Eric Johnson this morning at 8:10 a.m. Los Angeles time. "His right foot is fractured and there are problems with the left knee. Basically, there are two major bones in a person's leg, and what happened is when Grant dropped out of the sky at the test track last week, the impact was so great that it tore the meniscus and ligament in his knee.

"He'll be out for three to four weeks," he continued. "When he gets out of surgery we'll have Grant immobilized for two days. We will then fly to Phoenix on Sunday to see Dr. Jeff Spencer. He has the reputation of getting people up and running as soon as possible, so we're going to fly there to begin working with him immediately."

And when will Grant be back to action?

"Well, Vegas is a definite no," answered Gerald. "Now we are working to get Grant back in time for the opening 125cc National at Glen Helen."

We're expecting a call from Grant tonight, so stay tuned to Racer X Online for an update.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The flight to Vegas get's less interesting all the time!!
No Travis, No Langston. Bummer.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I was told by a reliable source that Grant Langston hurt himself while testing on a Suzuki for Roger DeCoster at the Suzuki test track. I can't imagine KTM being too happy about that, although the source says that KTM was aware of the testing and granted permission to Grant to participate in it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Bob Brooks
I was told by a reliable source that Grant Langston hurt himself while testing on a Suzuki for Roger DeCoster at the Suzuki test track. I can't imagine KTM being too happy about that, although the source says that KTM was aware of the testing and granted permission to Grant to participate in it.

:eek:

WOW!! Quite some news... Thanks Bob! How long is Langston's KTM contract? Isn't it through the National season?

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I'm not sure how long Grant's KTM contract is, although I'm sure it's through the national outdoor season. But those guys are always shopping around for their next ride. Grant is one of the best outdoor riders in the world right now and with Roger DeCoster's affinity for foreign riders, it's not surprising that he's courting Grant.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Just picked this up at Racer-X

April 25, 2002

Grant Langston update

Now back in Southern California after a weekend of rehabilitation work in Phoenix with Dr. Jeff Spencer, it appears that Grant Langston will be fit and ready for the opening round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks National Motocross Championships at Glen Helen Raceway outside of San Bernardino on Sunday, May 12.

"Grant's made amazing progress through the help of Dr. Jeff Spencer," Gerald Langston, Grant's father, told Racer X editor Eric Johnson this morning. "Grant was operated on on Friday. After the surgery, he laid on his back for two days. When he was ready, we flew to Phoenix to work with Spencer. On Monday, after lunch, he was walking without crutches. There was the possibility of him riding in Las Vegas, but we're going to skip it to get ready for the outdoors. Spencer is confident that Grant will be ready for Glen Helen. And we don't want to go there just to go round and round. We want to go there and be competitive."

Gerald also commented on the rumors of Grant riding for another manufacturer in 2003.

"We're considering a number of things," conceded the elder Langston. "You have to look at everything. It's not just the money and bonuses. You have to consider things like who your teammates are going to be and who will be managing the team. We'll see what happens."

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hmmmm, here's something to ponder:

a) Grant's contract's up with KTM
b) Dobb just won the world championship for KTM, and is probably looking to come to America soon
c) DeCoster hates Dobb
d) Langston probably does as well, given some of Dobbie's statements, eh? :think:
e) Suzuki probably feels it's in dire need of a 250 rider, even next year. I think Pastrana's physical condition is being played down by Suzuki, and Windham--well, that guy needs a major revelation before he'll be truely a threat again.

Sure, it's probably all incorrect. But it's a thought.

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
I was told by a reliable source that Grant Langston hurt himself while testing on a Suzuki for Roger DeCoster at the Suzuki test track.
:scream: :think: :whiner: Well, goodbye Grant. You had a nice semi-career.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Here is Geralds report straight from Grants website.

"First let me dispel some rumors
1. Grant was not injured riding another make of bike
2. Grant's contract is up for renewal at the end of this year
3. Grant will ride 250cc next year
4. There is no exclusion in his current contract that prohibits him testing other brands.
5. Yes we are talking to other teams including KTM for 2003 and 2004.
6. Yes the silly season has started really early this year."

Without a doubt Grant will not be riding a KTM next year. He has had a bad run lately and Im sure he is looking for a change . But what it really all boils down to is money. I doubt KTM will be able to afford him once his contract up.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Wow, I'd love to see a rejuvenated, smooth Windham on a HOT factory 250SX or 520SX next season. :) :) Windham's smooth style with that kind of power would be a beautiful combo to watch. <drool>

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
KTM needs to put someone on a 250!!! So far this year KTM 125s have made a Supercross final 33 times and KTM has had ZERO bikes in a 250 final. Husqvarna has put a bike in a 250 final 7 times.

Top Bottom