Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 9, 2004[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Langston penalized in San Francisco[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Bull KTM's Grant Langston was docked five seconds (equaling two positions and two points) by AMA officials on Saturday for another case of rough riding. Langston made what the AMA saw as an aggressive move on Team Chevy Trucks Kawasaki's Michael Byrne, who had grabbed the $1,500 Butterfinger Holeshot Award. No word yet on an appeal, but when we find out, we'll let you know.[/font]

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
does anyone have the clip? I was there and it didn't look like the 2 made much contact. Looked like Langston didn't leave much room for him but thats not dirty.

jfisher304

Nov 15, 1999
I saw that "take out" on TV and would never have thought that would deserve a penalty. The AMA is going to have to stop that crap. He moved him over a little, but that was it.............

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Langston's move was no more aggressive than what DV did to Windham back at Round 2. And in his heat at San Francisco, Reynard used several guys as berms.

Apparently, if the guy getting passed stays on two wheels, there is no foul. But if the guy being passed hits a Tuff block that is too close to the track, then the AMA opens up a can o' whoop ass.

The inconsistancy is maddening, and bad for the sport.

IMO, SX was not broke and the AMA did not need to 'fix' it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
This is BS, i wonder if the privateer that hit K-Dub at A3 is going too be penalized?? This is getting outta hand.. WHat about the fans that don't follow SX but were in attendance, they left w/out knowing who finished where :ugg:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
can't see no take out in that clip !

mxmatt426

Feb 2, 2004
Mr. Whitelock has no idea what he is doing. I think the problem is that he probably was a pencil pusher that has never rode a 50+ horsepower dirtbike and somehow the AMA let him try to fill in Dukes shoes. He needs to find another line of work, perhaps an ambulance chaser?

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I saw the clip, and there is no way Grant should be penalised for that. Grant made Michael ride up high and then Michael clipped the tuff block and went down. Nothing intentional in that. Michael Byrne needs to stand up and say it wasn't intentional.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Thats the probalem..after the race byrne said Langston took him out. So if the rider is gonna complain they just gonna help out the AMA.

And that tuff block was in the correct place. Theres 2 lines of tuff blocks. One you can immediately see then the one Byrne hit. Its for each side of the track which is going 2 different ways. There's a drop-off between the tuff blocks.

Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
AMA Press Release........

During the supercross offseason many of the top pro riders will be working with personal trainers, riding coaches, and new this year will be acting coaches. Rumor has it that the top riders are looking to sign contracts with NFL field goal kickers to master this fine art.

- Walt

Crash 142

May 30, 2002
This makes it harder for Windham to appeal his ten point deduction. Maybe they penalized Langston so Windham couldn't argue that he was singled out and made an example of. Plus, Everyone was pointing to Langson and Evans at Anaheim I when they penalized Windam at the second round. The question still remains - points or seconds/positions?

A better penalty would be to have the rider start the next main facing backwards.

I don't like the penalties, but the racing at Anaheim III was close, clean and exciting.

Top Bottom