BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
I was out at Glen Helen today for practice (testing if Thump asks) and so was Mike on what looked to be the finished production version of the 450f. Both him and the bike were extremely fast. It seemed half again as loud as the 426's, but I'm sure after a pipe and silencer change the decibels will be right back up there;) .

A few more nationals left :think .... naaww probably shouldn't fix what's not broken, but you never know.

I'm tentatively meeting him next Tuesday out there to test some stuff on our braces, so if any body is interested, I'll try and see if he's thinking about racing the 450 or not. I would love to see him jump on that thing and win a national:cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by billywho

so if any body is interested, I'll try and see if he's thinking about racing the 450 or not. I would love to see him jump on that thing and win a national:cool:

I would be interested in anything he has to say about racing the bike, or any info. about the bike. I too would love to see him win a national, especially on the CRF450! I would like to see him win a title:eek:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Oc course. Maybe that's the advantage he needs for better starts. I would love to see Mike win another open class, not to mention a national.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
That's the combo I've been waiting for all year! Fill us in, billywho!:cool:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
He's definitely strong enough to hang on to the big bike. And is would ahve to help his starts right? Could Honda be looking at putting him on one next year? Nothing against Nate Ramsey who is supposed to be riding it next year but I think Larocco may be capable of higher finishes than he is in his first full year of racing against 250's. Although Ramsey did turn in several top 10 finishes aboard a YZ 426 before the 125 east started. Having two riders on the bike I think would be a smart move in case one has an off night the other probably won't and be able to showcase the bike.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I read that he is going to race it at the last three nationals, wow. I cant belive he has figured out the four stroke in such a short time. It took Ferry, Button and Doug a few months to come up to speed on the 426. This is just what we need to keep the 250 class interesting for the last few races. Go get em Mike!!!!

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
He is going to ride it.:p Got this from transworldmotocross.com

Since Ryan Hughes was knocked out a few weeks ago, and has decided not to finish out the rest of the Outdoor National series, Honda went searching for another pilot. Since the CRF450 is still in its developmental stages, it's crucial that the bike be ridden and raced as much as possible. Honda went searching for a candidate to race their thumper, but didn't have to look far.

They asked Mike LaRocco if he would take on the task of racing the CRF450 in the last three Nationals, and he agreed. Mike has been out in the SoCal area for the last few weeks testing the four-stroke, and he's looking fast. We've seen him a few times, and it appears that he'll be able to fill Ryno's shoes. He doesn't have much time on his new ride, but we're sure that LaRocket will pull through for Honda. Heck, maybe this is what he needs to win a National or two. Look for Mike to be riding the Honda CRF450 on August 19th at Millville, Minnesota, and at Binghamton and finally, during the last round at Steel City.

I think he'll do much better than Ryno. Just my opinion

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
"We've seen him a few times, and it appears that he'll be able to fill Ryno's shoes"

That quote is an insult to LaRocco, IMO. No disrespect to Ryno, but LaRocco has a much more impressive list of career accomplishments, and is 4th in the season standings compared to Ryno in 9th.

I'd love to see Mike get some holeshots and an overall on the new CRF. Honda is fortunate he likes the bike enough to start racing it in midseason.

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
Dirt Bike Dave,
You're right man. LaRocco is so much more consistant than Ryno and the results show it. Ryno isn't a bad rider and I have nothing against him, but U hope Larocco does better just to shut up whoever said that.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Talked to Mike out at Glen Helen today, he is definitely racing the 450 for the rest of the nationals :) which is old news at this point, but at least we now know it is not a "rumor" so to speak. Judging by how fast he's going on it, I would say he might win one before the years over:cool:

Top Bottom