darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
The last race is in Malakoff, near Athens, and the promoter tells me it's "scary fast." It also has 98 turns in 9.5 miles.
The following weekend is the first TORO race in Jacksboro. Both races are close to DFW so come out and dodge some trees in Malakoff and some rocks and mesquite in Jacksboro.
DA

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Dennis! I used to drive through Malakoff on my way out to Nacogdoches when I was in school out there. Nice area for sure. Should be fun. :thumb:

Sorry to say that I will be missing this event and many more a I am 1/2 around the world now in KL, Malayasia until Nov. 22 or so. :(

-jeffd

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Well, It was more scary than fast due to the exceptionally rough terrain.

Ok, I've missed the Red River Enduro for the past two years but I'm not missing it this year. Who's gonna be there?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hopefully everything will fall into place - I ride there every Thursday but have not ridden the enduro! I noticed flags are going up so...
:thumb:

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I think the RRDR has a tricky way of not tying the track together until right before the race so it's very difficult to pre-ride the entire course. They also have a curious way of putting in switchbacks to large, rutted uphills. Man, this is gonna be fun.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
They're running a lot of last year's course backwards. And they're using some real tricky little new transfer sections to tie old sections together in new ways. It's almost a disadvantage to know the trails well, because you get used to riding certain routes, and the Dirt Riders are going to confuse you.

Top Bottom