Last two races in series might be dropped

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I'm bummed. OK, I know I shouldn't be. Not like local championships are really that important in the big picture....but...

I heard a rumor that the last two out of four scheduled races might be dropped. Thing is I am 7 points behind another racer in the Women's class. OK, so she's 6 and rides a 65. I had to miss a couple of races early on, (injury,) but I knew I would catch her and pass her in points with the remaining schedule since I have beaten her every time. We are usually the only two in the Women's class.

Now if they cancel the races, I can't catch her. :(
Dang.....
Oh well... I should be in the lead for the +40 class after this weekend..... :laugh:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
srellis said:
Now if they cancel the races, I can't catch her. :(
Dang.....
Oh well... I should be in the lead for the +40 class after this weekend..... :laugh:

Just think how thrilled she is going to be though.. That would be enough for me.

As much as it really blows, I sorta get a kick out of it when I get my a$$ handed to me by a kid. Sure boosts their ego too.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
As fast as she has gotten over the last few races, it won't be very long before she starts beating me straight up. The only advantage I have right now is I jump, she doesn't, but she can keep up with me on tracks that don't have many jumps.
I guess I just need more practice.....

Oh well, she really is a sweet kid. :nod:

Last edited:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Reminds me..I was talking to a guy that owned this dirtbike shop on Main. He was telling us about how he went to the olympics for wrestling. He said "of course" he didn't win. But he rather lose, because you learn alot more when you lose than when you win. Because the winners, they have nothing to work on, they don't know what their weaknesses are. But the losers, they know how they lost and they know what to work on.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I regularly get smoked.. But, I am just learning, and from my position on the track, I can see what the fast guys do and hopefully will start to pick up some of that. My personal goal this year, until I got hurt, was to just finish the races. Which is hard enough at my age and fitness level.

Next year, I am going to up the ante a bit and try to finish the races on the same lap as the leader. Only then will I worry about winning anything.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
elliot67 said:
Reminds me..I was talking to a guy that owned this dirtbike shop on Main. He was telling us about how he went to the olympics for wrestling. He said "of course" he didn't win. But he rather lose, because you learn alot more when you lose than when you win. Because the winners, they have nothing to work on, they don't know what their weaknesses are. But the losers, they know how they lost and they know what to work on.
But that gold medal hanging on my living room wall would make up for not having anything to work on. I say he was justifying his feelings of disappointment for losing after all you don't get to that level without winning being your one and only goal

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
yeah. that's true too. but i mean beyond the fact of sorrow, going to a competition that high, you always come back a winner. doesn't matter if you're 1st, or Last.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
elliot67 said:
yeah. that's true too. but i mean beyond the fact of sorrow, going to a competition that high, you always come back a winner. doesn't matter if you're 1st, or Last.

and this is why USA is beginning to suck in sports - we are all winners and everyone gets to play regardless of ability. unfortunately we are doing this in education too and i think we can guess where that is going.

group hug...

if you work hard enough to get there - you darn well want to win and anything less, is well - just less - much less...

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
tnrider said:
and this is why USA is beginning to suck in sports
Beginning? Haha, just kidding. I live in Canada if you didn't see. But I understand where you're coming. But I mean, I've been playing hockey for 8 years, and I'd have to travel 2-3 hours to get to tournaments or games, and no matter what we always came back a winner. Being on the road as a team, having fun, and just playing. There was always good times, and always things to work on in practice. I can't imagine how boring it'd be to win every game you've ever played.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
Oh yeah and when I said, "that sux" I wasn't saying that it sucks that you live in canada, but it sucks that the last 2 races might be cancelled.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
same thing. she already knows she's unfortunate. why say "that sux". is it gona make it any better? no. but i've seen the last couple of posts you did, basically just trying to get your post count up. but it doesn't make a difference. haha!

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
elliot67 said:
same thing. she already knows she's unfortunate. why say "that sux". is it gona make it any better? no. but i've seen the last couple of posts you did, basically just trying to get your post count up. but it doesn't make a difference. haha!

Elliot I know it would not make her feel any better, sorry that post bothered you. But why would you just assume I post just to get my post count up? the last few posts I wrote were on asking people how I could repair my dirtbike's oil leaking problem. I post threads for help and advice, and if someone posts threads that are funny or just for kicks, I'll reply, not to get my post count up but to include myself into the fun.

But I can also relate to her, when I read her thread I was thinking of one of my own situations, not on 2 races getting canceled but on something else more personal. That's why I posted "that sux" I was posting about this and also thinking of myself.

And when I posted "you are very welcome" that was just my sarcastic reply to your sarcastic comment. :)

Last edited:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Chili said:
We went undefeated in my bantam season in hockey, I was never bored once ;)
Haha, yeah. My team back in saskatchewan went undefeated one year, but I surely had more fun another year when us and another team were battling for first place. was always a fun game.

Top Bottom