Last Weekend's Ladies Ride in North Idaho

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hey girls! Long time no type. Check out our ladies ride from last weekend.

This was the First (sure to be) Annual PANTRA Ladies Ride and it was GREAT!!!

We had 18 women riders, 6 of which were mother/daughter combos (my 10 yo an myself included in that group). We had 12 or 13 "support" riders (males) that joined us - sons, hubbies and of course Ken who at 68 ain't about to miss a dirtbike ride with LADIES!

It was a bit hot and a little dusty but everyone had a great time. Our newest trailrider Cheryl had one heck of a first ever trail ride. 25 miles of Canfield is not easy even though we took the easier trails. There were still several miles of tech singletrack goattrails, rocks, rocks, rocks, roots, ruts (the 3 r's). She was one heck of a trooper and even won the "Best Crash of the Day" trophy!

All I know is, next time we may have to do just women because several of the gals that showed up due to the article or a flyer were surprised that we had men along. Tia and I had no idea how many women we would see or what skill levels to expect so we asked our boys to help out and several of the gals brought their s/o or kids along too, for support and because we promote our club as a Family Club.

We met several new gals to ride with. Last night at the North Idaho Fair Arenacross, Tia and I had the pleasure of watching two of the gals that we rode with last weekend take 1st & 2nd in the 9 gate women's class!

Watch out boys, the number of women riders out there is GROWING!!!

I used to be the only woman that rode in the club rides, along with my two girls and occasionally Firecracker. Now, there is a half a dozen women regularly joining in the club rides and who knows, after this maybe more than a dozen!!!!

Here's the pics (the first few are scans of the newpaper article)

http://www.pantra.org/v-web/gallery/

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Sorry I missed the ride, but the refreshments and unicycle "riding" afterwards sure were a kick! Thanks for the fun.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Looks fun. I wish there was something that around here.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Looks like we've started something of a trend around here!

There is another Ladies Beginner Ride this weekend over to Elsie Lake, Idaho. A friend of mine called to invite me and the girls of PANTRA to join them.

This one is for quads and bikes (I told her I'd only go if the bikes get to lead) and as my friend's young son said "Mom said no testicles are allowed on this one."

:)

Zero_it, thanks for the entertainment too - we'll have to send you a copy of the taping of the unicycle attempts! :laugh:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Have a great ride this weekend. I've got a "nut-less" ride lined up as well over at Mad River.

Video?! That can't be good for my reputation!

Top Bottom