Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We'll likely still get them in Canada the same as the KX125 that we still get that isn't imported into the USA.

Jan 3, 2007
Chili, yeah. Must suck to be in the USA because they lost the coolest quad last year and we still have it (Yamaha Banshee).

kx125412, hell yeah to that.(mabe with some exception)

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
2 strokes for life said:
Chili, yeah. Must suck to be in the USA because they lost the coolest quad last year and we still have it (Yamaha Banshee).

yeah we loose out on most of the cool bikes, we never got the rz500, you guys up north did, pretty much anything 2 stroke we lost out on in one way or another. but then again the banshee has been pretty much the same for the last, what, 10 years? (dont get me wrong, its got an rz350 motor for the most part so i love it anyway)

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
2 strokes for life said:

It's not like the banshee has changed in the last 10 years, so a well taken care of used banshee will be just as good as a new one. ;)

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
2 strokes for life said:
Sandman 2.0, suzuki has to keep the RM250 for Travis.

hahaha.......good point........ I haven't heard if Suzuki is keeping the 250 2 stroke or not??? Anyone else know? What are the free-style guys going to ride?

Jan 3, 2007
Sandman 2.0, the 250Fs are as light as the 250s or lighter and accelerate really fast so mabe that might do it or a 300F of some sort.

MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
2SFL: No matter what, a four stroke will be much harder for freestyle, so I'm thinking they are going to have to switch companies to freestyle.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
MeanorMX said:
2SFL: No matter what, a four stroke will be much harder for freestyle, so I'm thinking they are going to have to switch companies to freestyle.

Doesn't seem like Blake Bilko agree's

77de335e2d8ec6038984.jpeg

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Props to him for being able to flip one of those around like he does but why would you want a bike that is underpowered compared to the 2T 250, has major engine braking that he must eliminate/minimize, and weighs about the same as a 250 2T. Seems like more work to me.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
Many of the Aus honda riders have ordered in a number of cr250s so that will last them a fair while. Robbie Maddison himself has 10 brand newys at his joint. Im sure that'l last a few years.

Jan 3, 2007
Chili, thats crazy.

kx125412, travis used to ride a 125 2 stroke in FMX comps and had no problem doing 100 footers. I dont see why a 250F could not do better. Plus its a factory bike so the power would be crazy good and most likely have some sort of big bore on it.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
bilko has only told of one time where he was struggling on the 250f, this was at last years x-games, one of the bigger jumps had a very short runup and he'd come up about 5 ft short each time.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well I think it might've been in this thread someone mentioned on a 4T when you let off the throttle in the air its similar to hitting the back brake. So when you need to do your cliffhanger backflips this could pose a problem. I'm just wondering how they decrease the engine braking.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
02yz426f said:
shame on Honda and Kawasaki. Those B@#*ards
They're just helping KTM grow even bigger! While the big Japanese brands are caving in to the eco-weenies KTM releases all new 2 stroke designs.

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
Kawasaki says:

"In order to concentrate on producing and marketing the best full size four-stroke motocross bikes in the market, Kawasaki has discontinued the distribution of the KX250 in North America. A 2008 model will be available in Europe, Japan, and Australia with the same technical specifications as the 2007 KX250."

Let me translate that, as something seems to have been lost in the transition from Japanese Marketing to English:

In order to increase our profit by selling motorcycles that cost more to buy and maintain, Kawasaki is not importing 2-strokes for adults to the USA. Unfortunately, riders in Europe, Japan, and Australia don't seem to be the same idotic lemmings as the ones in the USA, so we are forced to offer the 2-strokes in those areas. We will continue to strong arm the AMA so as to not allow Pro Racing to be ruled in a fair fashion, and will work towards the long-term end of 2-strokes for kids. We remain unconcerned about the excessive noise, injuries, and financial cost caused by the 4-stroke bikes, and will always strive to increase stockholder value over what should be done for the sport's long-term health.

Sincerely,
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
cc: Honda Motor Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom