Latest 125 race on TV... Villipoto's move

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Did you guys catch the 125 main at Budds Creek?

I was just wondering what to make of the pass Villipoto made on Alessi? Looked like he set it up awesome coming from way outside to tuck into the inside but then got on the gas a little too hard and went wider than he wanted, thus knocking Alessi over. No one seemed to make much of it, the announcers seemed stoked about the rivalry between these two and there was no mention of that being overly agressive. Villipoto later called it a "love tap" and seemed to indicate Alessi had it coming.

Was that close to something he would've been penalized for? Or was that just racing?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
125 class?

Didn't see it, no OLN.. but I doubt many will feel sorry about the kid getting punted.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Okiewan said:
125 class?

yeah, I can't get right with the name "Lites". My son now refers to the 250 class as "heavy" :)

Okiewan said:
Didn't see it, no OLN.. but I doubt many will feel sorry about the kid getting punted.

yeah, that seems to be the sentiment. Everyone loves to hate the Alessis. :nod: I haven't been a fan long enough to get this?

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I hadn't seen it but I just found it on putfile. That's a joke, what was Alessi thinking?
After watching that I have to agree, that alone makes him look pretty bad.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Gonna take a looooong time to live that one down.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Right before the 2nd 250F podium, Alessi's camp was talking to anyone who would listen about having Villipoto DQ'd. Then there was the drama of Alessi's mechanic giving Villipoto a "love-tap" with his pit board. RV's people were were seeing red for sure! They kept it calm and only words were exchanged. I read they fined DeLaurier $500. Lenient, IMO.

As far as the two kids, RV was still sitting on the track taking off his helmet....when Alessi came by, he was glaring him down!! (I like this kid!) Alessi played it cool and wouldn't even look at him.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Ryan Villopoto said:
“I got into second and saw Mike up there; with all the troubles he gave me and my dad during amateurs, I just gave him a little love tap, and he went down – that’s racing.”

Not usually a move that would draw much attention as far as a fine, however when you head over to the Press Conference and start talking it may change. Obviously someone at Pro Circuit or in Villopoto's camp caught on as this description of the events changed for the much more generic later in the day.

Alessi's mechanic Paul DeLaurier earned himself a $500 fine out of that incident as well. Apparently DeLaurier was sticking his pit board right in Villopoto's face each lap and made contact with his helmet at least once.

Top Bottom