LBL Turkey Bay Fall Ride Nov. 15

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It's that time again.  Let's hit the hills before winter sets in.  This will be a one day event for most of us.  Seems like everyone is extremely busy.  If there are those who want to make it a weekend, feel free.  I can give the information on local motels/resorts.  I'm working 60 hour weeks now, so I won't be keeping a rider's list.  Just show up if you plan on riding.

Turkey Bay is hilly and rocky. There are areas for just about anyone. There are easy areas that are good for beginners and kids, and there are areas for the not-so-faint-at-heart. The thing that makes Turkey Bay user friendly is that there is usually 2 or more lines to choose from. Almost every hill has multiple ways up...some more challenging than others, but they end up at the same point. The trails are very open. There is VERY little single track. At the pace we ride, most trails are 2nd to 4th gear trails. Nothing that I would call "tight" and not really anything wide open either (except for the main trail).

3 day passes to Turkey Bay are $15
Annual passes are $45 and run from March to March
Primitive Camping at TB is $8
There are tons of campgrounds throughout LBL.

We'll probably head out for the first loop around 9:00-10:00 am, depending on when everyone arrives.  And I'm sure we'll ride until it's too dark to see!

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Hey Corey, I am going to try and make it. Don't know if Lee can go yet. His bike has several problems we have to repair. Clutch and powervalve. I need the info. on places to stay. I don't want to drive 5hrs. home after riding all day. Thanks, Michael Montani PntNShoot22@aol.com

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I agree, Michael. I was beat, and you had a ways to go yet, the last time we drove it back.

I stayed at a motel somethin-or-other on the east side of LBL. Can't remember it now (Corey?), but I will look it up here in a bit. Saves a bit of driving going back that way rather than up around the lakes.
My trailer worked out well for me at DW. I'm open I spose, I just wanna ride!

I'm really anxious to get the thumper in the woods. TB should be a great place for me and it to get more aquainted. :)

I'm in, y'all.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
MikeB and/or Paddy. If you have e-mail or phone contacts for Tim, Mark, Jay, Tripp, Shawn or any of the rest of the gang I met at Loretta Lynns that expressed interest in joining us at LBL please let them know it's GO-TIME.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/OHVTrails.html  --- Turkey Bay Info.

Motels in Aurora, KY

Early American resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $8 Across road from Willow Pond restaurant. 270-474-2241

Ken Oak Resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $5, has a refridgerator. 270-474-8000

Fin n Feather - $42.51 allow small pets, 2 night min. 270-474-2351

Lakeland resort - double bed $42.51, queen $46.87, 2 double beds $46.89, $5 pet charge, First motel on the right, next to The Hitchin' Post(traveling East on US 68).
270-474-2292

All of these motels/cabins are on US highway 68 (the only road through Aurora).

Last year the guys stayed at Moors resort.

http://www.moorsresort.com/cottages/index.htm ---MOORS
http://www.kylake.com/travelcenter.htm --- LBL LODGING

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jay, not sure which motel you stayed at.  Was it in Cadiz?

I don't go east of LBL very often.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
OK I owe my son two weekend trips just me and him, so if the weather is ok ill head out to LBL that weekend with him and hang out with all you freaks that Mr Lucky and MikeB and Paddy told me about.

J

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo he called you all more than just FREAKS just ask him what he said.

J

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
motormichael, if your talking about me, YES I am a HSTA member and I belong to the MSSR - MidSouth Sport Riders in Memphis, TN. I dont hit many of the HSTA rides anymore since I sold my F2, but I am restoring a 81 Suzuki GS750 to ride. I do make it to the HSTA B.S. Rally every year.

J

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
OH YEAH the Mempho crew will be there in FULL FORCE. Me and Paddy Tim and Mark are all planning on coming up so far and I will invite Shawn, RahRah, Trip, Jay and anyone else who wants to come up.  We plan on coming up just for the day and will prolly be driving back that night.

J ... You gotta remember who we're talking about here as twisted as Paddy is EVERYONE seems a bit freaky.  Besides you got no room to talk here .. You gotta be the KING FREAK!

Corey .. you cooking lunch? LOL

For all you boys that have never ridden at Turkey Bay it is Fast and Fun. You really should plan on coming down. Its a GOOD RIDE and the weather should be nice and cool by then.  

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Are we looking at getting a $2000 cabin again?

I have a date that Friday night, so I may or may not be able to make it. It really depends on how easy she is.

Mike, you spend a lot of time with P, so he seems normal to you. I respectfully decline the crown, and will abdicate the throne to its rightful heir.

(I gotta stop watching Tolkein movies.)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Yeah No cabin for us either. We plan on making it a day trip and driving home Sat night.

JP Your right I do go riding with Paddy all the time but I NEVER said he was normal. He is one sick puppy but after the campfire conversations that we had at LL's I gotta say that you are probabaly one of the most NORMAL people I hang around. You wouldnt have even been in the top 3 "freaks" Saturday Night.

Slomack

Oct 27, 2003
Whats up guys? I had a blast with my new friends, and some old ones, at LL's this weekend. I learned WAAAY to much about some of you, the freak meter hit a new high at the campfire. WOW! It was a blast though, my gut still hurts from laughing.

Looks like Tim B and Jay N want to stay the weekend at LBL in the Motorhome, with me included (and room for a couple more?). Not sure if I want to do that, I'm thinking day trip. One way or the other, I'll be there.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
MikeB, what exactly are you saying about US who where sitting around the campfire at LL Sat night ??????????????

In my world im normal.

J

" I think im one of the top 3 "

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Corey,

Wendy should be able to ride about then.  If we make it it will most likely be a careful and easy ride for her.  X-rays looked pretty good this week.

Sorry we had to miss LL's this year.  We always look forward to that ride and the people.

JimK

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by motormichael
Corey, are we going to do dinner at the Moors on Saturday night again? If so, should we reserve a section?

Not sure?  Alot of people will be heading home that night.  We'll just have to see.  With the service we got last year, they'd probably make everyone else leave the restaurant just so we could eat!

Originally posted by KelvinKDX
Corey,

Wendy should be able to ride about then.  If we make it it will most likely be a careful and easy ride for her.  X-rays looked pretty good this week.

Sorry we had to miss LL's this year.  We always look forward to that ride and the people.

JimK

You make sure Wendy is healed up!  Don't push it.  Glad she's getting better.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm gonna decline on the dinner. I think that is why I was so tired on the ride home.
Well....I did sit accross from Sarge at dinner...and I think he may have put the hoojoo on me. He does that on occasion for practice I think. Either that, or he wanted the last pair of frog legs, that was on my plate for awhile...then all of a sudden they were gone!

You gotta keep a keen eye on Sarge.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Question about lunch?

I had planned on grilling burgers for everyone...but with this being a one day ride...do we want to take that long fo lunch?  Last time it took a good hour to get them grilled and eat.  If you guys would like some Ham/Turkey Sammiches, I'll grab some of those big sammy's from Walmart.

Either way, LUNCH AND DRINKS(non alchoholic) ARE ON US!

So vote:  Burgers or Sammiches

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sammies are good for me but I don't think you need to be buying for everyone. If you do, just set a coffee can or something out for donations.

Did I mention that we 'might' have a couple special guest riders join us?

Top Bottom