ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Anyone up for a ride at Turkey Bay Sat and/or Sun the 29 & 30? Any of you Memphis boys? Maybe Jaybird up in Indiana? Might be a little cool at night for camping, but I'm up for it if anyone else is. Let's ride people!!! :ride: Post up if your interested!

:cool:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
So far the 7 day forecast says the weather will be sunny, with temps in the low 60's during the day and 40's at night. Virtually perfect!!!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Now thats its Monday and everybody is back to work (and online, LOL), lets post up!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I would love to ride on Saturday. I can't commit just yet, but hopefully I will know if I can make it by this afternoon.

What time would you plan on being there, Dave?

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Whenever folks will get there. I live in Clarksville about 45 min away, so I can be there anytime. Come on Down Jay! How far of a drive will/would it be for you?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Dave,
Looks like I will not be able to come down Sat.
If the weather holds, I may try for next weekend.

BTW..it's a 4 hour drive for me.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Sorry to hear you can't make it Jay. Let me know if you are coming down next weekend. I'm off this weekend since it is end of qauter, but I usualy work Fri, Sat, and Sun.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I can't get away this weekend either, but Turkey Bay is at the tippy top of the list of destinations. Well, except the fact that 143 is two hours any TB is six. At any rate I'll be in touch next time we hit the road. I bet you could make a 45 min trip most anytime eh?

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I dont know if I can go on this weekend or not. I'll have to see what my work schedule is gonna be.(I work weekends, fri-sun and am off the rest of the week) Can you make it there during the week at all?

Jaybird said he might try to come down this weekend.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
ChopperDave said:
I dont know if I can go on this weekend or not. I'll have to see what my work schedule is gonna be.(I work weekends, fri-sun and am off the rest of the week).
Sounds like pretty good hours. You hiring? If so, I'd be available about four days a week to ride LBL witcha. :cool: :ride:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Made it down to Turkey Bay this Saturday. (11-05-05) Conditions where horrible. Dusty, loose, never seen it like this the last 4 times I was there. Found a couple of areas I usually go to and they where almost unrecongnizable. Just plain tore up by the jeeps. Took a buddy with me and he was really dissapointed. Dont know if we will ever go back. I have been going there the last 5 years and cant beleive how bad it got.

Just venting Jeff

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I'm surprised, usualy they take good care of the trails. But we have not had any rain for several weeks, so that may have some impact on the trails. My wife and I are going there to ride tomorrow.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
ChopperDave, yeah I wonder if some good rain will do it some good. It was suppose to rain Saturday night when all the tornados hit Indiana, It didnt rain a drop at TB.

Thats when we decided to drive all the way across Kentucky to Daniel Boone. Well worth the trip. that loop at Redbird was really nice. It rained there so there was no dust.

Hope you have a good time. Jeff

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
jsned said:
ChopperDave,
Thats when we decided to drive all the way across Kentucky to Daniel Boone. Well worth the trip. that loop at Redbird was really nice. It rained there so there was no dust.

Hope you have a good time. Jeff

Yea, we've been wanting to go to Daniel Boone/Redbird. Have you got a link where I can get more info/maps. How are the trails for novices? How long is the loop?

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I dont know how far it is out of your way but it is petty good.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/ohv_main.shtml

We did the Redbird District. Two Vet A harescramble riders, did about 30 miles of the 64 miles in 2.5 hours. Ran out of daylight. Took a shortcut back to trailhead, and decided to go the other direction just a short distance because there was a little daylight. We went about 1/4 mile and ran into a spot we could not get over with out lifting the bikes over it.

If you look at trail maps close you will see that at about section 14 they no longer have the symbol for a quad. That is because from there on it gets pretty tight. That is just the Redbird loop. The others may be different.

Like I said earlier, we went there last minute because Turkey Bay was so bad. So we got there late, didnt really have anything planned and didnt have much daylight, so we didnt get to really see everything. We will go back.

The only tips we had where some some guys in the parkinglot gave us, but we where in a hurry so we didnt BS too long.

There are better maps at the rangers station than the ones they have on the website.

Top Bottom