LBL Turkey Bay Spring Ride April 30-May 2

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
LBL Turkey Bay Spring Ride April 30 - May 2

It's time to start planning for the Spring LBL ride!!!!!! We've had great rides every time. We even had a great ride last fall when it was 35 degrees and raining. Instead of repeating all the info. about location and riding pass fees, I've provided links below to the past two rides we've had. All the info. is in there. We've got a couple new local riders, and we've made some new riding buddies lately, so this should be a great ride. Let's RIDE!!!!!!

2003 LBL Fall Ride Thread

2003 LBL Spring Ride Thread

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
SPD said:
Is this going to be a 1 or 2 day event? Is this a set date?

Unless I have many, many objections, it is a set date. I already have one objection to the date, but I have more suggestions for that day for now. April and June are shot. May 29 is Mem. day weekend, so there isn't much left to pick from.

The 2002 Fall ride and '03 Spring ride were 2 day events. I liked it much better that way, and it makes the trip more worth while for distant travelers. But lately, it seems like everyone is too busy for 2 day rides. I'll let you guys that will be traveling decide if you want it to be 2 days. I'm half an hour away, so it's no issue for me, except getting off work.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I dont know if you can do it BUT I think the MMC (Memphis Motorcycle Club) is having a ride at LBL the weekend before which would be the last weekend in April. I dont mind either way Im planning on gonig both weekends if both weekends anyway.

J

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
jcramin said:
I dont know if you can do it BUT I think the MMC (Memphis Motorcycle Club) is having a ride at LBL the weekend before which would be the last weekend in April. I dont mind either way Im planning on gonig both weekends if both weekends anyway.

J

Well crud! Find out when the MMC ride is for sure and let me know. A couple of Memphis guys are who suggested that it be on May 1. :think:

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
it was not me cal!!!!!!!

pg :thumb:

Last edited:

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I have marked April 23-25 for the MMC ride at LBL. Can anyone else from the MMC confirm that ???????????????

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
It seems liek thats the weekend mmc goes every year(last weekend in april). Id like too goo then tooo .
come on man please no 1st of the month trip. If its raining Im in though. maybe thatll make for a sucky weekend at work so I can just skip out and give everyone a catastrophy!!!!!!!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
My calender is clear for that weekend. I hope to be there for this one :thumb:

Mark, your calendar is clear for the last weekend in April or first of May?

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Either weekend would work for me. I am planning on doing this one for sure, like i said either is fine, but may 1 st. might be better simply because it puts a little more time in between this ride and the Loretta Lynn ride. Ive been there before but never got to ride with a serious group of riders, really looking forward to it.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I am in for May the 1st! This will be my first DRN ride and I am very excited to meet some DRNer's finally! My plan is to take the friday before it off to drive down and set up camp. I am open to a travel buddy but all I have is a Ford Ranger so my space is limited.

Come on first week O may! :aj: :aj:

Or is it last week O april?

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Ive got two in for the last of April and 2 out for the 1st of may!!!! Its not worth loosing my job over but if I talkit up maybe they will understand. I know my buddy would be out thou (may1st). I probably cant get off work the 1st though.

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
CAL - I think we should do the Friday- Sun that way if peeps miss one of the days they will still be at the ride. Plus camping there is cheap or peeps can go to a hotel if they want. I am sure I will camp there at least one night if not two. There is also other stuff to do if folks bring family members that are not all about riding.

pg

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
UPDATE:

This ride is now officially a Weekend ride. Friday through whenever. I will be riding Friday & Saturday.

I'm still waiting for the official word on when the MMC ride is. Whichever weekend it is...is when this ride will be.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Coooooooll Corey you gotta cheeze with that one. Im in for the MMC weekend probably. I think its the last of April!!!!!! It usually is. Good call Ill be there for three 4 shore

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Last I heard was April 23-25 for MMC LBL ride.

PADDY, MIKE, anyone from MMC can you confirm that ????????

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I just found out that I will be out of town April 23-24. So it is official that this ride will be April 30 - May 2. It will be hard for me to get off two weekends in a row, but I'll work 16 hour days during the week if I have to.

Sorry John. It was either you or me. I selfishly chose me.

Just so there is no confusion...the ride dates are:

April 30 - May 2

Top Bottom