larry250

Dec 1, 2001
Question. My buddy has a 97 KTM 300 EXC with 50mm Olins or Marzoki (SP?) forks. About every 4-8 months his seals leak, I know some fixes exist for this problem, any suggestions?

Thanks.... :eek:

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
keep them bleed and pull the dust seals up the tube once a month and clean them and fill them full of white lithium greece

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I have a 97 with the same forks...

1) put in new seals
2) install Marzochi fork boots
3) install some 1" aluminum channel to space out the shrouds a little farther to catch more air, compensating for the blockage by the fork boots

Ride!

That's it.

YZ250

Feb 14, 2001
I had problem with my fork seals leaking about every two weeks. Changed the fork bushing and have been leak free for about a month now. knock on wood :)

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
The little springs that do the sealing are so loose. The solution is to cut 4mm off of the big end after you unscrew the spring from itself.
You'll have to slide the oil seal down to get to the spring, which is on the top side of the seal. The dust seal spring is exposed as you can see. Use this one to check the tension after you roll it off onto the fork tube. I make mine slightly snug on the tube to assure a good seal.

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
I'm with Socal Scott cut the springs and go.
The first thing I take off a new bike is the fork boots. Wa. Rain and mudd. Mudd in the boots when the forks bottom,packs it into the seals and then they leak (my thoughts)

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom