Spencer99

Jun 20, 2007
hey guys,
i just refueled my 03 CR85 last night, and this morning we took it to my grandfathers house to ride, and it doesnt want to stop spiting out gas. Its coming out of the overflow tube, and we almost filled up a whole quart jar! when we turn on the gas, it leaks out a steady stream, but when we switch it off, it stops but will just trickle. also, if i wiggle the bike, it will spit out more gas from the tube.
Whats wrong?
thanks guys

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Stuck floats. Try tapping the carb LIGHTLY with a SMALL hammer. It should stop. Either way, it's just telling you it's time for a cleaning.

Spencer99

Jun 20, 2007
ok thanks,
i tried tapping the side of the carb and nothing happened. anymore suggestions? i guess i may just have to take it apart and clean it.

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
get a manual and adjust the float level this is most likely your culprit. if you havnt adjusted your float level before then its the culprit

johndoe1222

Jul 26, 2007
i had that happen to me just take off the carb drain all the gas out of it, clean it put it back on and it should work. If it dosnt start in a couple kicks lean it right onto each since twice (left,right,left,right) that puts new gas into the carb

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
My old bike did this. A small piece of plastic got down where the needle valve (I think that is what it is called) letting fuel leak out.

Take your time and pay attention to detail when working on your bike :cool:

Spencer99

Jun 20, 2007
hey guys, took the carb off today, although i couldnt get at the float bowl because the guy that owned the bike before me must have worked on the carb before and tightened up all the screws unbelieveabley tight! i cant unscrew them. ill get to the inside of the carb soon. anyways, we pulled the main line that the gas travels through from the gas tank into the carb off and noticed that the line was dripping even tho the gas was switched off. how do i fix that?
thanks guys

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Funny post, going through the same things.

You might check your petcock, the o-ring might not be creating a good seal.

As far as the leaking through the over-flow line, same thing happening to me as well. Need to get the carb out and go to town...

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Buy, rent, or borrow and impact driver Spencer99. That should get the screws out without too much effort. If you've already stripped the heads, use a dremel with a cutting wheel and make a slot in the heads, then use an impact driver. My 01 YZ250's screws were all on there VERY tight (from the factory), the impact driver loosened them without a problem.

Top Bottom