sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
well I got the kdx out to prep for a ride on saturday and put some premix in and found that the petcock felt to easy to move, then I noticed fuel coming out from the face of it. I looked up the k&l rebuild kit in the parts unlimeted cat. and gave Debie a call at Kens MC tires, she imformed me that it was on back order till march.

I fooled around yesterday with my misc. orings and they all where to thick. I even tried to sand one down by putting it on a nut bit and spinning in a drill. no go

I ended up puting the o-ring and seal in tranny fluid over night thinking it may swell it enough to seal good

didn't try it out though because today I went to ACE and picked up some more o-rings and...

what I found was that the #21 (5/8 x 15/32 x 3/64) O-ring when strecthed over the petcock fit nice and snug so reassembled and no leak as of yet

I will test and see if the seal is still leaking by or if it is good as well ( I fliped it over from original position)

At least I don't have to worry about the gas leaking on my engine or in the trailer or garage.

Top Bottom